Component Import Wordpress into Joomla

More
14 years 3 months ago #3068 by freeman76
Hi Everyone,

I have a blog in Wordpress and wanted to move it to Joomla and made some search and found a component Jconverter developed by www.sopantech.com/ . What this component does is importing users, pages, posts, categories and links from Wordpress into Joomla. But one of its limitations was that it didn't associate the imported posts/pages with corresponding categories since Wordpress allows associating posts/pages with multiple categories but Joomla doesn't.
But my blog has 1000+ posts so no way to go into each post and assign its category manually.

I contacted the developer of the component but never heard back so I decided to make the necessary changes to suit my needs. First I have to say that I'm not a developer, well I did developed long time ago but not anymore and most of what I've learned is forgotten :oops: , but I decided to give it a try and made some research and found a query that allows to import posts and associated category and integrated it into the component. I also added a feature that can import comments from Wordpress into Jcomments (yes because Flexicontent recommends to use it).

So since Wordpress allows a post to have multiple categories and sub-categories and Joomla doesn't I though, well Flexicontent does allow items to have multiple categories and sub-categories so I'm wondering if there is anybody that would like to take the component and make it work for Flexicontent so if some one has a blog with dozens, hundreds or even thousands of posts with multiple categories he'll have no trouble importing it using Flexicontent.

What do you guys think, is anyone interested in adapt and make it work with Flexicontent?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3105 by kenmcd
Please attach the version you have already modified.

Then others can take a look at it.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3201 by freeman76
I didn't remember that I could attach a file :)

So here's the modified component, I didn't changed anything in the Copyright, I simply commented what I added and what I modified.

So if some one wants to modify, improve or adapt to Flexicontent go ahead :) .
Attachments:

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline