FLEXIcontent - Universal Content Module - Hide if empty does not work

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #69382 by lipatovroman
Hi!
I use Advanced Module Manager.
It have option - Hide if empty.

I have tested this option with native Joomla Custom HTML module. When it's empty - module does not displays.

But when FLEXIcontent - Universal Content Module don't have any items to display - module still displays.

Also, I found that it happens only if module placed first (at the top) in side bar.

I think it because first Universal Content Module have some hidden text or code even if no items for displaying.

May be this code:

So, to fix it, I have to remove this code from /modules/mod_flexicontent/mod_flexicontent.php

The main question is how to override this file - /modules/mod_flexicontent/mod_flexicontent.php ?

Or, may be you can fix it. Display styles only if we have items in module.

Thanks.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by lipatovroman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #69391 by ggppdk
Hello

you have configured module to inject the CSS inside the HTML code !
you can disable the above feature in module's configuration

but i understand that this can be considered a bug

ideally
- we should wait for module to finish its output
- cature output and check if it is empty
- and only if not empty add module's CSS into head or inside append to module's HTML

i would be hesitant to add fix in v3.2.1.1

probably better include fix in 3.2.2

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by ggppdk.

More
6 years 7 months ago #69425 by lipatovroman

you have configured module to inject the CSS inside the HTML code !

I tried both modes:

No difference.

So, will wait for fix.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #70675 by lipatovroman
Hello!

It still not fixed...

Each time, after updating FC I have to edit /modules/mod_flexicontent/mod_flexicontent.php

I removed this code:

Code:
if ($add_ccs && $layout) { // Work around for extension that capture module's HTML if ($add_ccs==2) { // Active module layout css (optional) if (file_exists(dirname(__FILE__).DS.'tmpl'.DS.$layout.DS.$layout.'.css')) { echo flexicontent_html::getInlineLinkOnce(JUri::base(true).'/modules/'.$modulename.'/tmpl/'.$layout.'/'.$layout.'.css', array('version'=>FLEXI_VHASH)); } // Module 's core CSS echo flexicontent_html::getInlineLinkOnce(JUri::base(true).'/modules/'.$modulename.'/tmpl_common/module.css', array('version'=>FLEXI_VHASH)); // Component CSS with optional override echo flexicontent_html::getInlineLinkOnce(JUri::base(true).'/components/com_flexicontent/assets/css/flexicontent.css', array('version'=>FLEXI_VHASH)); if (file_exists(JPATH_SITE.DS.'templates'.DS.$app->getTemplate().DS.'css'.DS.'flexicontent.css')) { echo flexicontent_html::getInlineLinkOnce(JUri::base(true).'/templates/'.$app->getTemplate().'/css/flexicontent.css', array('version'=>FLEXI_VHASH)); } } // Standards compliant implementation by placing CSS link into the HTML HEAD else {

And now module hides when it's empty.

Can you fix it?
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by lipatovroman.

More
6 years 5 months ago #70678 by ggppdk
Hello

the setting that you posted is not relevant

- that setting is not a CSS setting of the module

it is a CSS setting of the layout, and the layout will not be loaded anyway if module is empty

The setting about adding CSS inline is at TAB
"Cache / Styling"

please go there and make sure that it is not
"CSS links inside HTML" !

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
6 years 5 months ago #70683 by lipatovroman
Hello Georgios!
See my previous post . It was posted 2 months ago.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline