Export flexicontent data in a csv file

More
7 years 5 months ago #64706 by bendeb
Hello,

I want to know if one day you'll develop a new function to export data (items with fields values) in a csv file.
Same as Import function, but in the other way. :cheer:

If we can export item from one or more categories (with many filters to export only what we want), with all the fields values separated with comma (or others) in a csv file, it will be very very nice.

I hope this function is in development.

Regards.

Flexicontent 4.1.0b1
Joomla 3.9.18

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #64708 by gauthier
Hello,

I use fleximport to create xml files, but it also has a csv export function. extensions.netassopro.com/extensions/components/fleximport
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by gauthier.

More
7 years 5 months ago #64710 by ggppdk
Hello

yes there is CSV export button (as you may have seen already), but currently it is not the same Format as the import

To use this button (it is new in v3.1.0)
1. Enable the button in component parameters
2. In every field that you need set it to participate to the export

TODO:
- make an export directly similar to CSV import
- add more options to the CSV export and create a more powerful with option for XML format (* some work is already done here)

but this last option will not be in the free version of FLEXIcontent

after v3.1.1 (almost finished now) there will be extensive work to finish a PRO / paid of FLEXIcontent to ensure the future of the project

These will in that version most of them are more than 50% done already
- Endless scroll for all listing views
- Reviews feature
- Configuration import / export
- More powerful file options
- Calculation field that is not only "display" but it is search-indexable
- * other e.g. More powerful data export

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlainR

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #64738 by bendeb
Hello everybody and thanks for your answers.

Is Fleximport compatible with FC 3.1 ? I saw on the requirements that it supports only FC 1.5 or 2.

ggppdk wrote: Hello

yes there is CSV export button (as you may have seen already), but currently it is not the same Format as the import

To use this button (it is new in v3.1.0)
1. Enable the button in component parameters
2. In every field that you need set it to participate to the export

TODO:
- make an export directly similar to CSV import
- add more options to the CSV export and create a more powerful with option for XML format (* some work is already done here)

but this last option will not be in the free version of FLEXIcontent

Wonderful. I saw this option and it works very nice.
The only problem for me (and for now), is that the fields are separated by a comma.
Comma is a very current caracter. Is it possible to change comma by a tilde ~ or others caracters we want ?

There is a second little problem too : description field is embedded with " and ". Is it possible to remove these " " ?

But if you work on a similar export function parameters than import, I look forward this with impatience. :)

Thank you very much for all you've done. :)

Flexicontent 4.1.0b1
Joomla 3.9.18
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by bendeb.

More
7 years 5 months ago #64753 by ggppdk
Hello

Comma is a very current caracter. Is it possible to change comma by a tilde ~ or others caracters we want ?

If comma , double quote or newline is detected
- then the strings are enclosed in double quotes and the inner double quotes are doubled

Test with MS Excel and OpenOffice Calc and you will see that they open properly

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
7 years 4 months ago #65318 by Chabi01
Hi Georges,
As this function is something i really wait for, i have just test it.
I have detect some issues in the process : if i export in csv, i get some strange results.
- If i take 100 articles, published and not published, the export is done but the separator seems to be incorrect (shoot1)
- there is no limit in the export : i can tick or not content to export (filtered or not), the export is still the same every time.

For the record, i'm ready to get this function paid as this is something very important imho !

Xavier
Attachments:

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 1.347 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline