Sortable Multiselect field

More
9 years 10 months ago #47748 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Sortable Multiselect field
Hello

you will be able to contribute more easily once we move to GitHub, (after v2.2.0)

thus you will be able to suggest fixes/enhancements more easily and avoid hacking CORE files in your installations, that will make upgrading difficult/impossible

about this multilist.php form field element it only needs minor changes in order to work in J2.5 + will fix in next commit, and add the jQuery select2 sortable plugin (if it works and is not outdated)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #48142 by MikeSantana
Is there a way to install or add an element to Flexicontent.
I am not sure how to add a php file to the ../administrator/components/com_flexicontent/elements

I am working on this type of select2.php idea. I created a flexicontent field plugin but is does not work properly since ../administrator/components/com_flexicontent/elements/fields.php does not call my custom field created. The $fields object within ../../..../fields.php is null. For that reason it never gets some fields value to needed to generate the Select option to be pass to the select object used by the select2.js. Therefore I think I need to create a custom element rather that modifying flexicontnet ../..elemtnets/multilist.php or fields.php

What we are trying to do it is not a field rather that a category parameter.

Anyways, my questions are:
1- Is there a way to add custom elements to flexicontent like installing a flexicontent_fields plugin?
2- Should I change my custom flexicontent_fields plugin to have a different method instead of "onDisplayField" or "onDisplayFieldValue" rather than something like "getSorting" since we are not really displaying it on the front-end but sorting the predefined values in the back end?

Miguel Santana

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.531 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline