Group Marker Field Duplicate

More
11 years 9 months ago #27051 by iamrobert
I am trying to make a menu with the following fields for each dish:

title
description
price

If I put these into the group marker field and could duplicate and reorder that would be powerful. As otherwise I am going to end up with 100 items.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #27052 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Group Marker Field Duplicate
End up with 100 items? or you mean fields?

Can you be more specific on what you want to achieve?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 9 months ago #27054 by iamrobert
Sorry,

I need to make a restaurant menu - so for example you have "brunch" page, and the dishes are:

+ Pancakes
+ American Breakfast
+ English Breakfast

Now each menu item needs the following fields:

1. Dish Title: eg Pancakes
2. Description: eg "Delicious Pancakes made with..."
3. Price: $10
4. Image Field: image with popup

So, I create the fields. Now - I need to make an item for each of my dishes eg: 1 item for Pancakes, 1 item for American Breakfast & 1 item for English Breakfast. Then, I need to work around the category page to display all the items.

Now the group marker lets you group fields together which is great. If it could be extended so that you could duplicate a set of fields - it might make better sense - as then I could have a brunch page rather than a brunch category with 10 items.

Does that make sense?

More
11 years 9 months ago #27055 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Group Marker Field Duplicate
mmm, group marker field cannot create other fields on the fly or something similar, the HTML display of a field in the item editing form can only be created by the fields itself

What you described/need/suggest sounds like what has been discussed before:

Display a GRID-LIKE edit form that allows editing multiple items at once ... this is not implemented but it would be useful for such a site with menu dishes ... ;)

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline