[solved via override] FLEXIcontent Module: counter for items

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #26125 by hede
I'd like to suggest for the display of items not only an odd/even counter but an item counter as well. I extended one line (around 226) with this code:
Code:
<div class="mod_flexicontent_standard_wrapper <?php echo 'item'.$itemcount; ?> <?php echo ($rowcount%4==1 ...
... and put $itemcount next to $rowcount = 0; and $rowcount++;

FF on Win10, FLEXIcontent version 3.0.10 on Joomla 3.4
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by hede.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #26126 by ggppdk
mmm, this is not important to add it as a new feature now,

I guess you can do it in a custom module template , just copy tmpl/news.php to a new file : tmpl/mynews.php

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 10 months ago #26128 by hede
Not important? I'd say quite a few people will need this for styling. Right now I use an override, but having basic things like this in the core is way better for maintenance. It is not even hard to implement and does no harm if not used IMHO.

More
11 years 10 months ago #26129 by ggppdk
I think you miss understood me, not important since it you can do in a custom template,

to do such customizations now is just too much, one could think of really thousand small or medium features,

imagine that there is a very powerful carousel (slideshow) template for universal module which is mostly finished, but will not be included in current version,

furthermore i have really spent too much time on component as it is to ask for such customization is too much

If i was to add this customization: i would need to
- add language strings
- add parameters in xml
- alter source code
- open module and configure one or more times
- test both version J1.5 / J2.5
- and then commit AND HOPE nothing was broken

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 10 months ago #26131 by hede
Ah, alright. I see I underestimatet the necessary effort, sorry.

More
11 years 10 months ago #26132 by ggppdk
I must note that your contribution to the project with bug reports and suggestions, is always very helpful.

;) Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline