File field - allow multiple values

More
12 years 1 day ago #24729 by momentis
Would there be any way to allow a custom field of type "file" to have multiple values, similar to the weblink field type?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #24742 by hede
Just apply the file field to one of your items and you'll see an "Add file" butten which is the multiple value option for this type.

FF on Win10, FLEXIcontent version 3.0.10 on Joomla 3.4

More
11 years 11 months ago #24743 by momentis
Yes, you are correct!! Thanks!

However one more thing would make this perfect. If the system would display the name or description that could easily be edited for display on the front end, that would be great! When a web link is added to a weblink field, there are separate areas for the link and the link name. Having the same for file field types would help.

More
11 years 11 months ago #24746 by hede
You can edit the description either on upload or later on click at the file link. However this description will not be diplayed on the front end because of a bug in versions prior to 1237. You need to pull newer versions via SVN.

FF on Win10, FLEXIcontent version 3.0.10 on Joomla 3.4

More
11 years 11 months ago #24749 by momentis
I have r1235 installed. I don't see any way to edit the description from the back-end of the site. I can't try from the front-end because this site is running Joomla 2.5.4 and the permissioning does not work. Maybe I just need to wait!

More
11 years 11 months ago #24750 by momentis
I don't even see 1237 in the SVN.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.599 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline