Universal Tag plugin

More
12 years 1 month ago #23741 by bobthebob01
I know i might get a head of myself, but it would be great if there would be a way to be able to use the FC tag system in other extensions/components.
With the help of a plugin or a "content button", you would be able to assign existing (or create new ones if possible) tags from FC and apply them to other components.

For example, i'm using FC to build a directory of musicians, a small blog and media gallery. But i also use ohanah for the event section of the site. It would be great if i could use the FC tagging system in ohanah.
That way the tag cloud module would also show me events if they are tagged.

I know it sounds "pushy", but i'm sure with Joomla using more and more "unified content", and the smart guys we have behind FC, something could be done in the future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #23742 by kenmcd
Replied by kenmcd on topic Universal Tag plugin
For the tags features to work on another component would require some sort of interface API and/or a custom plug-in.
For example look at how JComments integrates with other components (such as FLEXIcontent).
And how some of the other stand-alone tagging components use plug-ins/extensions to support non-core components.

Not sure how much demand there would be for this feature as the idea of FLEXIcontent is to reduce the need for other components.

Ohanah is a commercial component.
Generally with commercial extensions the first person you should ask is their developers.
They may be able to create a plug-in that works with their commercial component.

The fact that Ohanah uses the Nooku framework is also going to complicate things.
You are going to need a developer familiar with Nooku to have any idea if it is even possible.
So for this particular component I think it is doubtful your solution will come from the FLEXIcontent end.

Seems like a lot of other features would come before this.
Maybe Georgios could be intrigued or has a similar need.
Dunno, but I doubt it.

More
12 years 1 month ago #23773 by bobthebob01
Replied by bobthebob01 on topic Universal Tag plugin
thanks kenmcd for your reply.

yeah, it was more of a "wishful thinking" working on a project. I agree 1000% that more important and useful features should come first.
Realistically, i'd answer the same as you did.

But thanks for the explanation on how that would work.

I'm a big fan of FC, i can't wait to try the new features extensively. I think FC is great to build practically anything but more importantly FC gives more value to my web development services by making it so easy for my client to maintain the site. I love it.

Thanks for the great extensions guys!

More
12 years 1 month ago #23774 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Universal Tag plugin
you can test RC4 !
many many featuring !!!

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline