Very silmple new plugin | Load Article

More
12 years 1 month ago #23375 by igcorreia
How about this, I want to add an article as a flexifield, to do that nowadays, I need to create a flexi module, change the design of the template create a field as a Load Module and assign it to the desire types of content,

how about a simple plugin to load an article. just and simply that, this are some ideas of how we could use it.

Now that I think about this we have the possibility with the TEXT field to have the same content the problem is that we don't want to give client access to tields only to items.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #23401 by ggppdk
mmm, we have done a similar thing for the author view since we can load an item as description-presentation of the author. But because we may have conflicting CSS, it seems that loading should take place inside an iframe ... mmm

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 1 month ago #23445 by igcorreia
I see what you mean.

Maybe, just maybe the loadmodule can be the right solution, how about then a SIMPLE VERY CLEAN template to list the article?

More
12 years 1 month ago #23458 by ggppdk
The code already exists in view.html.php of category view, check it out.

About plugin to insert item we have plans for a replacement plugin that will give rendered fields of a specific item , or even the complete item. AND it is possible to load a full fledged item with its template inside an iframe , any reason why not use iframe ?

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 1 month ago #23467 by igcorreia
I see,
that is cool feature, the iframes have pros and cons:

Pros: if you DONT use an iframe and you try to render an entire page you could have .JS and .CSS even HTML conflicts. So "sometimes" iframes is the solution. Even facebook and google plus use the iframe regarding the SHARE buttons, that way they control the DESIGN and dont have conflicts.

Cons: Google will index page in the iframe so imagine that you have a bookengine inside a iframe google will list in the SERP's the link direct to the iframe. So to avoid this, you will need to have a rel="nofollow noindex" in the iframe code so google won't enter the iframe and wont start indexing does linked pages.

Another thing is, the main page, from what I know, cannot "talk" with the iframe, like passing variable and stuff. But I am not sure about this.

I don't think there is another way out. But make sure that you have this 2 situations in mind.

More
12 years 1 month ago #23469 by ggppdk
The current code in view.html.php for category view is creating "AUTHOR presentation/description item" displays an item without using iframe, but this means you can have css conflicts.

Check out the code maybe you can insert it in your custom template to be able to complete your current project.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline