[tracker 314] FC featured items menu link

More
12 years 4 months ago #21347 by Rooney
Hi, I am intensively working with FC now (again) for weeks and just discovered that there is no featured item menu link available. This is one of the important new Joomla features. Of course one can just assign an article to a root category and sub-category at the same time but still to mark one article is much simpler and faster in most cases compared to assigning an an item to (more then one in some cases) root category...

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #21349 by ggppdk
mmmm, yes, right, now it can be done by assigning item to a (usually just bellow ROOT) category,

Plus this way you can have more than one type of featured items e.g. (i use multiple featured types in my sites this way)

-- Featured
-- Frontpage slideshow
-- Featured-bottom

So i like the category way because it gives more ability for more than just one type of featured items (i never liked having just one type of "featured" items)

But maybe we could do this too:
-- Add an new parameter to a category.
-- If this parameter is enabled (BY ADMINISTRATOR) for a category then a check-box appears in the item edit form.
-- By checking each box and saving the item, you assign the item to each of the "featured-special" categories.

This way you will have limitless types of featured categories, plus it will be user-friendly as everybody wants.

As, i said i don't like limiting to just one type of featured items, it is not flexible at all compared to what we have now.

We have a new enhancement issue ...
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/i ... ail?id=314

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 4 months ago #21361 by Rooney
Great idea!!!

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.632 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline