Form View per Menu item

More
12 years 5 months ago #20691 by igcorreia
There is only one thing bothering us :D ,
the idea of FC is to be Flexible and there is only 1 thing that we know that static and that is the FORM SUBMISSION TEMPLATE.

Like the Item view templates, category template, module template, we suggest and WANT :P different templates per MENU ITEM SUBMISSION, this way we can customize the form. for example custom validations, custom design, different titles (please different titles).

This is a MUST HAVE for flexi, please consider.
We could duplicate the form folder like the module and in the menu item choose the template and the custom title. What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #20706 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Form View per Menu item
You could create a template override of the file components\com_flexicontent\views\items\tmpl\form.php

-- Then your overriden form.php can be made to contain only code to include a different form file

e.g. the files form_contenttype_a.php, form_contenttype_b.php, form_contenttype_c.php will be the original form.php altered to be different based on the type ...

For new items use :
JRequest::getVar('typeid');

For existing items use :
$item->typeid

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 5 months ago #20716 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Form View per Menu item
i thinks i will do a tutoriel about this technic :
-search
-tags
-form
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 5 months ago #20718 by Rehne
Replied by Rehne on topic Form View per Menu item

micker wrote: i thinks i will do a tutoriel about this technic :
-search
-tags
-form
regards

that would be great
and not just for me ;)

More
12 years 5 months ago #20723 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Form View per Menu item
There are a lot of stuff on the forum, that can be copied to create tutorial/documentation material, that is the idea.

Also we have a problem with the forum, once some words are marked as common then they stay marked as common and cannot be searched ... it is really a problem.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 5 months ago #20750 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Form View per Menu item
i think it important to migrate forum and redo all documentation with netassopro tutoriel and big faq with tips on forum ! did you have any news of manu ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline