12 years 6 months ago #19678 by igcorreia
Hello,
Let me give you an example first:
1 - Category: Workshops
2 - Type of item: Workshops
3 - Item: Adobe Photoshop 101
4 - Template: Workshops

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I am suggestion a new kind of field called MINI FORM of LIMIT OF REGISTRATIONS.

I need/want to add a FORM REGISTRATION for does workshops, so I have tried with RSFORM but I cant seem to make it work, I want to PASS the values from THE CURRENT SELECTED WORKSHOP and send the registration by email.

Now I have created a new TYPE OS CONTENT called Event Registration where the user have to select the workshop manually and fill the form, this all in flexicontent front end submission, the problem were is that is is not dynamic and I cant put limit of registrations :/

I am suggestion a MINIFORM field where it would send an email with the current items values or a EMAIL TEMPLATE could be cool, the field would be:
1- Name
2- Address
3- Phone Number
4- Mobile phone number
5- Subject
6- Message
7- Captcha
8- Limit of registrations
9- dates
10- ...

And per field we would have this choices: Required, on/off, custom label.

What do you think.

Just that, a miniform that would send an email with the current values of the Item View.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #19681 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Limit number of Items / Form
Since RSFORM does the job for you.

We can get the current item data, by including some calls in the RSFORM source code,

The cleaner thing to do , would be maybe create a new form field TYPE in the RSFORM called:
"Flexicontent item Field", there you would the name of FLEXIcontent field, and that field would be retrieved automatically from the current displayed item, but to find the place and write/test/debug this for RSFORM would take me an evening.

2nd solution: currently it is within plans to create a system plugin to serve exactly these needs.
This plugin will replace text like :
{fcitem::current,field::fieldname1}
This would be replaced by the value of fieldname1 of currently displayed FLEXIcontent item.

So you would create a text field for your RSFORM, add as default value the above, and also mark the field as readonly or hidden.

But to create this plugin i also need another evening to plan/implement/enhance/test/debug and finally clean up its code ...

So i don't have a solution for you know.

I also need to to create a new or enhance existing notification plugins to send more notifications like sending email of new/changed items to administrators and authors.

All these include also adding language strings and updating/testing 2 versions (v1.5.6 and v2.0)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 6 months ago #19688 by igcorreia
That's is perfect. We have spooked about this in the past. We will wait for it. And form integration is what I think is only missing.

That plugin system you are developing will help every one not only RSFORM but also other forms components and also other components.

For now I will wait for it and help you test it.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline