Date Field off by a day

More
14 years 1 week ago #6566 by piperchick
For all the dates I have entered into my extra date field, they are appearing in the article a day earlier than they appear in the back end.

Example:
Back-end Field: Date of birth: February 22 1947
Article output: Date of birth February 21 1947.

I thought this might be an issue because the dates I was using were older, but the same is true of dates entered for March 2010.

I have re-created the fields, entered from the picker and entered manually. The same results every time.

Any suggestions?

Lovin' FLEXIcontent at deadcanadians.ca
Dead Canadians: where are they now?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #6578 by kenmcd
Replied by kenmcd on topic Date Field off by a day
I have seen a similar issue with other components when the physical server is in one time zone and Joomla configuration is set to another time zone. This creates a time offset/difference which affects dates and time fields in Joomla components.

For example the physical server is in the U.K. and it's time is set to GMT, and then the Joomla configuration is set to New York, USA.

Not sure of the solution; just trying to see if this is that same issue.
Or if I could just be crazy. (actually a given)

Please check your server and settings and post info here.
Also is it always wrong or does it display correctly during certain times during a 24-hour period?
In other cases the date does display properly part of the time (when the time zones overlap).

Thanks.

More
14 years 1 week ago #6599 by piperchick
Replied by piperchick on topic Date Field off by a day
Thanks for the tip.

Yes, it seems to have something to do with the time set in my Joomla configuration. I find this odd for 3 reasons:

1. My server is in the same time zone as I am, and the date/time settings on their on the servers reflect that.

2. The point at which my date will change is in the Joomla configuration is at GMT, regardless of what my server date/time says.

3. I don't understand why the dates appear to be variable/relative. The dates should be fixed, not variable... unless the date field stores the data relative to the current date and time rather than a fixed value -- which seems weird.

As my site relies on an accurate date/time, I have changed the date in my Joomla configuration to GMT (although I am in Toronto at ET). I expect that will throw off my Kunena forum posting times, but it is more important that the dates appear properly in my articles.

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know as I am not happy with this work-around.

Thanks so much for your quick response. I think that I am going to like working in FlexiContent. The product seems great and the service is fast!

Lovin' FLEXIcontent at deadcanadians.ca
Dead Canadians: where are they now?

More
14 years 3 days ago #6795 by kenmcd
Replied by kenmcd on topic Date Field off by a day
Well it is a good thing that we did at least confirm that this is the issue I suspected.
I saw the same issue awhile back in the Sobi2 forum.
Do not know the resolution.
It has to do with how the component deals with the timezone offset.

This will require analysis from the FLEXIcontent lead developer Emmanuel
(who is currently working on a large website project; apparently he and his family need food on a regular basis) .

From my research in the Joomla forum, there may still be a bug with the
Joomla core JFactory::getDate function which requires a workaround.
Dunno.
This is an issue that requires Emmanuel's expertise.

Feel free to bump this issue when you see Emmanuel (vistamedia) has returned.

More
12 years 9 months ago #17296 by dbirchmier
Replied by dbirchmier on topic Date Field off by a day
I can confirm that unfortunately this bug has still gone ignored and been left unfixed :(

Here's a live example of the issue:
bridgeviewcenter.com/events.html

I just upgraded to the latest version of Joomla, 1.5.2.3 AND the latest version of Flexi.

The bug is still there :( :( :(

I would also like to confirm that my server time is set as CST, AND displays correctly within WHM.

In addition, within Joomla I have the time zone correctly, and Joomla's time is outputting correctly -- in the core content articles.

I REALLY need to find a fix for this. Any help would be sincerely and greatly appreciated!

More
12 years 9 months ago #17304 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Date Field off by a day
Please see answer here:
www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... pic#p17301

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline