Import data changes repeating groupefield

More
3 months 1 week ago #85290 by HenkKV
Import changes groupfield.Problem
Importing data for item type with a groupfield gives unexpected results.
I import changed items for itemtype “Evenement” . The CSV file has 4 fields : id, catid, title and text to update the content for field text.
Import for those fields seems OK so far. However…..
Importing data in those fields also changes content in repeating group. This is a major bug in my opinion. In Itemtype “Evenement” I have a repeating groupfield “Persoonrol”. This groupfield has 4 fields
  1. Fk-Persoon (fieldtype Relation). Only for related “Persoon” items in direct ancestors and their siblings. This field can be empty.
  2. Not documented persoon (fieldtype Text). The field is used for names only for husbands and wifes of siblings from ancestors or parents of those husbands and wifes. This field can be empty.
  3. Role (fieldtype Select - like child, father, mother, husband, wife)
  4. Remark (fieldtype Textarea – for additional remarks)
For occurences where Fk-Persoon is empty the Fk-persoon is added from the next occurence.  Original data example in repeating group for a mariage:Persoon 7324 is sibling of ancestor, persoon 2456 is mother and persoon 8754 is father of ancestor (and sibling)Occurence 1 Fk-persoon : null, Not documented persoon: “Mary X”, Role: Wife Occurence 2 Fk-persoon : 7324, Not documented persoon: null, Role: HusbandOccurence 3 Fk-persoon : null , Not documented persoon: “Marysmother X”, Role: Mother wifeOccurence 4 Fk-persoon : null , Not documented persoon: “Marysfather X”, Role: Father wifeOccurence 5 Fk-persoon : 2456, Not documented persoon: null, Role: Mother husbandOccurence 6 Fk-persoon : 8754, Not documented persoon: null, Role: Father husband After importOccurence 1 Fk-persoon : 7324, Not documented persoon: “Mary X”, Role: Wife Occurence 2 Fk-persoon : 2456, Not documented persoon: “Marysmother X”, Role: HusbandOccurence 3 Fk-persoon : 8754, , Not documented persoon: “Marysfather X”, Role: Mother wifeOccurence 4 Fk-persoon : null , Not documented persoon: null, Role: Father wifeOccurence 5 Fk-persoon : null, Not documented persoon: null, Role: Mother husbandOccurence 6 Fk-persoon : null, Not documented persoon: null, Role: Father husband I expect this problem will not be solved very easy. Maybe someone has a workaround.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #85292 by micker
hello a first what is :
- joomla version
- flexi version
Thanks

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
3 months 1 week ago #85293 by HenkKV
Hi,
I am on the latest version.
Joomla version is 5.1
Flexicontent  is 4.2.1

Regards Henk

More
3 months 1 week ago #85294 by micker
can you test flexicontent beta and do some return ?

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
3 months 1 week ago #85295 by HenkKV
Hi,
Can you send a link for the beta version. Then I wil test later today.
Regards Henk

More
3 months 1 week ago #85296 by micker

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline