Administrator BUG - Does not load anything

More
12 years 7 months ago #19247 by igcorreia
Hello,
for safety reasons many joomla users HIDE or CHANGE the index.php/administrator this means that

index.php/administrator/components/com_flexiconent does not exist!

but I notice that the menu item: front-end submission uses .js, .css,.php and.html files from that path.

My question is, it FC continues to use this files, then WE have to allow Joomla to reach that path, if FC changes the path of does files to: index.php/components/com_flexiconten/ then we can hide th administrator.

Does this makes sense? What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #19251 by ggppdk
There is a function call to get the changed path, the code must be updated not to have direct references to administrator folder

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 7 months ago #19257 by igcorreia
I see, but in our case is different, DAM!

The problem is that the path in different but we have even another layer of security that does not allows NO-ONE even REGISTERED to get to Administrator files.

For that we are forcing the user to login in the back-end of joomla, only then they can access any files from the administrator.

In this case, changing the path does not work, because the registered users will never login in the backend.

Consider moving the administor files form:
administraotr/components/com_flxicontent
to:
components/com_flexicontent

Not just because of us, because it does not make sense, security specking, allowing registered user to reach a Admin Path.

Thanks for the rapid response.

More
12 years 7 months ago #19270 by ggppdk
There is a long list of components , also loading stuff from backend. I will discuss this , with other developers, but unlikely that anything will be done in v1.5.6.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 7 months ago #19291 by igcorreia
I understand. Do you leave the Administration accessible, the default one?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline