Trouble with <textarea>

More
13 years 1 month ago #14620 by npopravka
Hello.
I'm a Joomla and Flexicontent newbie...
Our website uses Joomla and Flexicontent (Joomla came long times ago, Flexicontent is much more recent)
I, as a marketing mgr, use forms, coming from our emailmarketing router. These include textarea zones.
It used to work with a plain vanilla Joomla, and a plain vanilla JCE (1.5.7 10). It doesn't work anymore using Flexicontent (the form is supposed to be included in a textarea zone). It works once (first create / edit content) and then the bottom of my forms (including the "submit" button) disappears. I have to include the form code again, it disappears at soon as I edit content,and so on...
I think I found out where the problem is... The flexicontent I put the form in is a textarea zone. The form itself includes a textarea zone (jsut before the submit button)... So when the editor finds the </textarea> tag in the form, it closes the flexicontent block (or zone, or... whatever you call it), regardless the <textarea> tag appearing before.

I can't even figure out if it's a flexicontent or a JCE issue, can you help me ?

THX.

--
Nina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #15709 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Trouble with <textarea>
hello
its flexicontent systeme .....
to detecte textarena ...
an idea
install a component form (chronoform or other)
with plugin integration insert code in any field (description or custom field)
it more simply
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 11 months ago #15711 by grabit
Replied by grabit on topic Trouble with <textarea>
Nina,

JCE remove automaticly iframes code or js code from your text area, you should change the settings of JCE or in the field where you put your code in the field properties put the use HTML to NO to avoid the use of JCE on this field.

An Apple a days keeps the doctor away

More
12 years 11 months ago #15723 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Trouble with <textarea>
thanks 8-)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline