12 years 5 months ago #20793 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic JComments compatibility
mmm , now the parameters of the item are:

-- get global component parameters
-- merge type parameters
-- merge item parameters

i am thinking of changing this too:

-- get global component parameters
-- merge category parameters (IF CATEGORY SET)
-- merge type parameters
-- merge item parameters

-- so it will use in item configuration,
-- then type setting, if above not
-- then category setting, if above not
-- then global setting, if above not

This way we will be merging other parameters too.

I checked and we will be merging the parameters for icons (print, email etc), i did not spot any parameters of which the merging will cause problems, only the show title maybe problem, and it should be different for category and for item , so i will clear it before merging ...

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #20794 by ggppdk
I also spotted that the 'show title' and 'show intro' where in the item.xml of the templates , which is erroneous since already the item HAS these properties, so
-- i removed them from all templates,
-- i added the 'show title' parameter to the type.xml with default 'Use Global' so that you can set this in each type too (it was missing!!!)
-- at the items model where we merge the category parameters to the type and then item parameters,
i cleared the 'show title' category parameter since it has different meaning for the category (show title for the item --LIST--), so that it does not conflict with items 'show title' when viewing the item

* also i added title to items parameters for FC v2.0 for J1.7, it was missing

So the JComments problem for items not using the category setting is not solved, and we also merge a few other parameters like the buttons, if someone thinks that they should not be merged please say why, to decide before final version

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 4 months ago #21309 by ggppdk
This is in v1.5.6 RC2 and v2.0 RC2, so now you can control jcomments via the category parameter.

It works nicely

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline