Custom MIME-type icons

More
6 years 6 months ago #69880 by Natwork
Hi,

is there a clean way to replace mime-type icons?

I'm using big sized icons (160x160 for better UX), and for that I overwrite files in
Code:
/components/com_flexicontent/assets/images/mime-icon-16
After each FC update, i need to overwrite them again and again... So maybe i'm not doing it well ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #69891 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Custom MIME-type icons
Hello

yes

wanted to replaced this, but it was not of priority, thus it has not been done yet

is the set that you are using GPL or similar license ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
6 years 6 months ago #69934 by Natwork
Replied by Natwork on topic Custom MIME-type icons
No, i'm using custom icon set, sorry.

Maybe i can help by identifying a good icon set for you, and add a param in fc file plugin that will use an empty folder to let user set their own icon set without fearing the update override (via GitHub) ?

More
6 years 6 months ago #70044 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Custom MIME-type icons
Hello

so a parameter for customing the folder

but without changing our filenames right ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
6 years 6 months ago #70046 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Custom MIME-type icons

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #70061 by Natwork
Replied by Natwork on topic Custom MIME-type icons
@ggppdk Yes i'm thinking at a param that should just change the path, and user should place custom icons with the same name and extension. That will let webdesigners use their own icons.

@micker No, this exemple use FontAwesome, that is nice on many levels but doesn't let user customise icons. My reflexion is based on one of my professional project, where we wanted to get large fancy icons to enhance user experience when they want download a file, and with a look&feel that match with the webdesign (see attachment).

@both Maybe it will be faster for me to draw a new icon set that will be under FlexiContent's license.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Natwork.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline