Trying to Create a Custom Template

More
8 years 3 months ago #59575 by jfuse
Hello,
Im looking at redesigning and moving a website to Joomla. Currently, the website is using PHP scripts to dynamically retrieve and display data on basketball stats (I did not design or write any of the code for website). I'm looking at FC as a way to possibly display and manage this information in Joomla.

I've searched through the forum, FAQs, and tutorials, and understand that in order to display the stats in a table layout I need to create a custom template. The only tutorial I could find on this is here:
extensions.netassopro.com/tutorials/item...part-1-the-structure
and it's very dated. It was written for Joomla 1.5 and FC beta 5

I've started to muddle through the tutorial, reading over it it's a little confusing to me ( I know a little coding and can learn as needed, but not proficient by any means especially in PHP).
I'm wondering, if since it is so dated, is this tutorial still relevant and correct? Or are there changes with later versions of Joomla and FC that I should be aware of before I try and figure this out?
And/or is there another updated resource that will walk me through creating a custom template in FC for my needs?
The website page and data I'm trying to create my first custom template for is here:
northwesthoopsleagues.com/team.php?id=60 .

Thanks in advance for any help and direction you might give me regarding this matter :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #59579 by micker
this tutorial is old but working
now in FLEXI3 you can edit your template in backend with button to generate position in xml and php
check it to understand more

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
8 years 3 months ago #59600 by jfuse
Thank you for your quick reply. I will go through the tutorial and look at the backend option for generating positions in XML and PHP to the template as you suggest.
Hopefully I'll figure it out without to much trouble. But if I end up getting stuck and need to ask another question should I ask in this thread? Or would you prefer I open another topic?

Thanks

More
8 years 3 months ago #59610 by micker
here is good

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline