Customization of a template and how to use custom link in image field (category view)

More
8 years 3 months ago #59497 by micker
1 for alpha go to global config or categorie config
alphaindex and filter tabs
select none in list for alpha index
2 you need to duplicate and edit your template

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #59537 by ggppdk
Hello

- about alpha-index, go to component parameters "Configuration button" and find the tab "Filtering", scroll down to find "Alpha-index" and set to "hide"

- about "item title" you can search it in Joomla languages manager (overrides TAB) and customize it
but since language string is common, and an override is not best choise, we added a new parameter to the category layout of "default" template
to allow custom text

- in any case you can click to duplicate "default" template as "default-1" and then edit file "category_items(_html5).php"

Added here:
github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck...ses/tag/v3.0.10-RC2f

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by ggppdk.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #59618 by redmaverick
I only managed to do it with language manager overrides but i want to do it by changing the template file category_items(_html5).php but i cant find a solution how to change it.i dont know what parameter to change in order to change word item to something else.Thank you again for your time.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by redmaverick.

More
8 years 3 months ago #59655 by ggppdk
Hello

which "item" of all ? it is using many language strings, do you mean something specific ?
- in general 'item' is a generic term used everywhere

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
8 years 3 months ago #59661 by redmaverick
No only this 2 with the arrow in the screenshot but i dont want to make it with language overide because i want for example a template to have the word article instead of item and in another template to have the word betpicks for example instead of item so i want to change the code somewhere in the template but i dont know exactly what to chage

More
8 years 3 months ago #59667 by ggppdk
Hello

there is a parameter in the updated "default" layout
github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck

to change the TITLE of the column "Item Title"

Also:

- in any case you can click to duplicate "default" template as "default-1" and then edit file "category_items(_html5).php"

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.620 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline