Best practice for Text with right floating image?

More
9 years 1 month ago #53323 by Macjoomla
Hello Micker,

thank you, that works and is exactly what i was looking for 8-)

Just one thing, after this is working now, i thought, it would be easy to increase the distance between floating text and the image, but "margin", "border", "padding" did not work for me. Do you have an additional hint to increase the distance left from the image?

My custom css now reads:
Code:
span.flexi.value, .flexi.value { display: block; float: none; max-width: 100% !important; padding: 0 !important; } .field_hammfoto { float: right !important; }

Thank you and best regards, Macjoomla

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #53325 by Rooney
Hi, you have many !important statements in your css:
Code:
#flexicontent .flexi.value, .flexi.value { margin: 2px 0 !important; padding: 0 !important; } span.flexi.value, .flexi.value { display: block; float: none; max-width: 100% !important; padding: 0 !important; } span.flexi.value, .flexi.value { display: block; float: left; max-width: 100% !important; padding: 0 !important; } #flexicontent .flexi.value, .flexi.value { margin: 2px 0 !important; padding: 0 !important; } .field_hammfoto { float: right !important; }
You should ONLY use !important if absolutely necessary or during site development. In your example you can see that many padding: 0 are important. Why? Get rid of all the important and change the paddings.

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
9 years 1 month ago #53326 by Macjoomla
Hello Rooney, you may be right, but these importants have already been there from flexicontent, so i would not dear to eliminate them because this could cause any other layout issues.

I was just adding the last important of your list to let my image float left. without important it does not work.

Thank you and best regards, Macjoomla

Rooney wrote: Hi, you have many !important statements in your css:

You should ONLY use !important if absolutely necessary or during site development. In your example you can see that many padding: 0 are important. Why? Get rid of all the important and change the paddings

More
9 years 1 month ago #53327 by Macjoomla
Finally i was adding following code to same "item.css":
Code:
.fc_field_image { margin-left: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; }
And now it seems to work as expected. Thank you guys for your hints and help 8-)

Best regards, Macjoomla

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #53345 by Macjoomla
Unfortunately this was not the complete solution for my question. As soon as i add following code to the item.css:
Code:
span.span.flexi.value, .flexi.value { float: none; }
not only the image is going to float right as i was expecting, but it is changing the appearance of the fields "created" and so on in the box above the article, the creation date suddenly goes in two lines, where before one line was enough.

Thank you for your help and best regards, Macjoomla
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Macjoomla.

More
9 years 1 month ago #53346 by ggppdk
Hello

you can always duplicate the template

and modify the HTML inside the item(_html5).php

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline