possible image floating right of description

More
10 years 2 months ago #45014 by Macjoomla
Hello, i am working with a copy of default template and looking for a way to show an image floting right of description.

1. When putting fields image and description together in this order in position description, It starts with image and description is floating right.

2. When putting fields description and image together in this order in position description, It starts with description and image follows at bottom of description.

What way to go for a description going on the left and an image floating to the right margin. Like the two red squares in attached image?

Thank you and best regards

Macjoomla
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #45024 by ggppdk
Hello

if you are working on copy of default template

then by editing the
item.php
you can alter HTML container (e.g. remove the container div) to make it easier to achieve your goal with a single CSS rule that does
Code:
float:right;

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 2 months ago #45034 by Macjoomla
Hello ggppdk, thank you for the answer, but it looks, as if i am not able to follow :oops: .

I am in folder components/com_flexicontent/template/default-copy and i am opening file item.php, there it reads:
Code:
<?php // Modular item layout // If customizing via CSS rules or JS scripts is not enough, then please copy the following file here to customize the HTML too include(JPATH_SITE.DS.'components'.DS.'com_flexicontent'.DS.'tmpl_common'.DS.'item_layouts'.DS.'modular.php'); ?>
So do i have to copy the file modular.php and put it right there or do i have to rename it as item.php?

Please tell me in what file exactly i have to remove the container div and in what file i have to add the float:right for what class.

Thank you and best regards, Macjoomla

More
10 years 2 months ago #45037 by ggppdk
Hello

as the message says
- empty (completely) the item.php
- copy the contents of
tmpl_common/item_layouts/modular.php
inside item.php
- customize HTML/CSS of item.php

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 2 months ago #45057 by Macjoomla
Hello ggppdk

thanks for your fast answer again, i am not yet as familiar with flexicontent and its templates system. You got me the right way and by this way i discovered, each field is bringing its own css class. At least it was enough to add following code to the item.css:
Code:
.fc_field_image { float: right; }
It seems, there was no need to change anything else. Although the image is on the right, in template position it has to be left of description.

Thank you and best regards, Macjoomla

More
9 years 10 months ago #47742 by holliday
Hello,
i just followed these instructions
with a picture of this works perfectly
but with the mini gallery I can not do it

Template/ Ordner: presentation / View: item )
position description:

mini gallery (left) | description (WYSIWYG right)

my wish: the text should appear to the right to the mini-gallery.

components/com_flexicontent/templates/presentation/item.php

What exactly I must change "description positions"
Code:
<?php if (isset($item->positions['description'])) : ?> <!-- BOF description --> <div class="description group"> <?php foreach ($item->positions['description'] as $field) : ?> <?php if ($field->label) : ?> <div class="desc-title"><?php echo $field->label; ?></div> <?php endif; ?> <div class="desc-content"><?php echo $field->display; ?></div> <?php endforeach; ?> </div> <!-- EOF description --> <?php endif; ?>

I know it's the command: float: left it's probably totally simple but I don't get it,where I have to change what?

many thanks for the help
best regards Mike

PS: Is this a bug?
In the field-setting mini-gallery the tumbnails turn off in the template (presentation / View: item ) not off.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.535 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline