Template category view "description"

More
14 years 2 months ago #3946 by aavaz
Hi, first of all, let me congratulate Emmanuel Danan by sharing with us this excellent software that is FlexiContent!

I have tried to check out as much as I could to find an answer to this question. Maybe somebody already has asked this before.

Is it possible to display in Category view table something like a description composed by the different fields?

(I have already worked around and removed [item title field] from the template)

Here it is -> In the category view template:
thumbnail_image + description (in 2 table columns)

as in "description" = [item title] [field1] [field2] [field3] [field3][imagefield], etc.

For example to achieve this:
[thumbnail_image] 2003 BMW M3 CSL Steel Grey Metallic (Scale: 1/43)[flag] Germany Ref.: PR0027

I hope somebody can help me with this!

Best regards!
Thank you,
aavaz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3981 by orchid1
If what you are trying to is this:
In one field enter the content of two or three different fields this can only be done with a custom plugin
it would be very easy to do (write)

As far as I know this is the way to do it.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 2 months ago #3989 by kenmcd
You can achieve this in table form just by using the default category template.
Drag the fields do you want in the template editor.
Test this first and provide a link if you can.

If you want to actually have each line be one line of text, you can modify the category template itself.
Each line is created by a loop in category_items.php.
In the beta5a Default template package, this loop starts at line 101 and ends at line 123.
Inside that loop there are separate loops to build the table headings and the individual lines.
Remove those loops and replace with your fixed code.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4524 by aavaz
Hi,
Thank you for the prompt reply!
I tried your suggestion by removing the code that generates the automatic tables, but the result was awkward.
I did get the fields together in a line, but it did not separate the different items.

all I want is in one line, the result of different fields that I choose from the admin, packed together separated by commas or spaces as: [field1], [field2], etc., to be the description of the particular item...
without having to manually write it the [description] field.

Thank you once again.
Best regards,

kenmcd wrote: .
You can achieve this in table form just by using the default category template.
Drag the fields do you want in the template editor.
Test this first and provide a link if you can.

If you want to actually have each line be one line of text, you can modify the category template itself.
Each line is created by a loop in category_items.php.
In the beta5a Default template package, this loop starts at line 101 and ends at line 123.
Inside that loop there are separate loops to build the table headings and the individual lines.
Remove those loops and replace with your fixed code.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4526 by aavaz
Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion. Only I am not so fluent in xml or xthml to write a plugin for joomla. :oops:

Thank you,
Best regards,

orchid1 wrote: If what you are trying to is this:
In one field enter the content of two or three different fields this can only be done with a custom plugin
it would be very easy to do (write)

As far as I know this is the way to do it.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4792 by rereis
I have a flexi category menu.
where do I change the table title "Item title"

thanks

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline