Can't put 'Description' field in 'Description Zone'

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 4 months ago #1867 by Anonymous
Thank you for such a great Joomla Component! Exactly what I was looking for.

However, I have a weird problem... When I try to edit a template (I make a copy of the original default template) I can't put the discription field (from the available core fields on the left) to the discription zone on the right. If I do so, and save the template, I find the discription field back in the available core fields... When I place the discription field in, for example, the 'bottom zone', there seems to be no problem at all?!
The same happens when I edit the orginal default template...

What am I doing wrong? Hope you can help me :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1917 by bsky92
Hi and welcome

I just checked what you meant, and this is really weird, as I don't have issues doing this

I duplicated the default template - default1 - and went to the item view, where I could drag and paste the description field in the description position, then saved it and cam back, all was working.
Same thing for the category view.

What version are you working on? Did you have issues while installing? If you are in Beta5 - which should be the case, if you can drag and past fields :) - then just maybe try again with a fresh new duplicate of the default template, and let us know if it still does not work

Just a last silly question : did you try to emplty the cache? I had weird issues with the joomla and flexicontent cache, that were resolved when I disabled it :)

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 4 months ago #1945 by Anonymous
I reinstalled Flexicontent... but my problem is still there. I disabled and emptied my joomla cache, it didn't help.
Weird problem :?

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 week ago #6369 by Anonymous
I had the same problem,Who has a solution?

More
14 years 4 days ago #6587 by jeece
Hello,

Many thanks for this good components and forum. I am busy working on a project newspaper, and I have the same problem. It will be great to have the start of a solution.

Thnaks again.

Jc

More
14 years 3 days ago #6598 by kenmcd

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline