All Videos and Tabs and Slides Plugins

More
13 years 10 months ago #8430 by GarfieldLeChat
Can some one please explaint o me how I get these working I've added all videos as a field but I want it work inside of my content not as a seperate entity on the page.

In effect I want the following code to work at the top of the main text of the content.

{tab=Video 1}
{youtube}video_id{/youtube}
{tab=Video 2}
{youtube}video_id{/youtube}

but can't for the life of me work it out the universal plug in howtoo only really described what I can do if I write my own sql statements, which I'd rather not do (having no clue how to even go about doing so for these plugins.

Can anyone take this idiot through a step by step process of making it work please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8432 by orchid1
in the back end go to the decription field and enable content plugins and select all video. you have to manually enable these in order for them to work

flexicontent->fileds->description->enablecontent plugins (radio button)and select all the plugins you need to work :)
hope this helps

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
13 years 10 months ago #8434 by kenmcd
In Joomla in general, when you nest one plug-in tag within another plug-in tag you have to make sure the inner plug-in tag is executed first.
Joomla plug-ins execution order is determined by the order in the Joomla Plugin Manager.
So in your case above the AllVideos Plugin must execute before the Tabs and Slides Plugin.

This usually works.
Depends on the plug-ins themselves (how they work).
I would guess that since both plug-ins are from the same developer that they would work together.

But, I do not understand exactly what you have done as you say you "added all videos as a field but I want it work inside of my content not as a separate entity on the page."
Content plug-in tags are entered into the description field text just like you would enter the plug-in tag in a core article text.
This has nothing to do with FLEXIcontent custom fields.

I have not yet tested the Tabs and Slides Plugin in FLEXIcontent,
but I use AllVideos Reloaded tags in the Description field text all the time and it works just fine.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8436 by orchid1
what ken said

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
13 years 10 months ago #8439 by GarfieldLeChat
perfecto.

and yes the code as written above in my intial post does work out of the box perfectly...

so you can put all videos inside of JW tabs and slides in content in flexi content if this is of any use to anyone else.

Thanks very much for the help. :)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds