Tweetmeme and Facebook Share not appearing in content

More
14 years 3 months ago #3297 by despair89
Hello dear developers of FlexiContent.

First of all I would like to say a big thank you for creating this excellent and awesome component to Joomla! I am an end user with near-zero code experience struggling to manage an educative website in Malaysia - stumbling across the Big Green FlexiContent Logo on the Joomla extensions website prove to be a godsend - as the surprising ease of use in this component has rendered such a "website-dummy" like myself into a powerful content manager!

Again, million thanks to all developers and users of the community who have contributed to the success of FLEXICONTENT!

Now, on to the problem I am facing (maybe I didn't try enough buttons to make things work!)

1. I wanted to use Tweetmeme in my content so that users can easily tweet my site content. It is similar to this website's homepage articles where have the green 'Retweet' icon on top right corner.

2. I downloaded "Tweets this" plugin and also "ShareMe plugin" ( www.herdboy.com/free-stuff-exten ... eme-plugin ) from extensions Joomla! directory.

3. When i install and enable this 2 plugin, non of them show up in my content. Previously, they appeared in Joomla's core content display (before i installed FlexiContent)

4. I have definitely enabled "Trigger content plugin" in the "Description" field of my articles, and selected the relevant plugin from the list. Still no effect.

My website can be found here: www.questle.com

All I want is the tweetmeme button to appear on my content. Can someone please help? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3311 by despair89
If possible, can I make it look something like this?

ow.ly/12nin

More
14 years 3 months ago #3721 by despair89
Hello dear developers of FlexiContent.

First of all I would like to say a big thank you for creating this excellent and awesome component to Joomla! I am an end user with near-zero code experience struggling to manage an educative website in Malaysia - stumbling across the Big Green FlexiContent Logo on the Joomla extensions website prove to be a godsend - as the surprising ease of use in this component has rendered such a "website-dummy" like myself into a powerful content manager!

Again, million thanks to all developers and users of the community who have contributed to the success of FLEXICONTENT!

Now, on to the problem I am facing (maybe I didn't try enough buttons to make things work!)

1. I wanted to use Tweetmeme in my content so that users can easily tweet my site content. It is similar to this website's homepage articles where have the green 'Retweet' icon on top right corner.

2. I downloaded "Tweets this" plugin and also "ShareMe plugin" ( www.herdboy.com/free-stuff-exten ... eme-plugin) from extensions Joomla! directory.

3. When i install and enable this 2 plugin, non of them show up in my content. Previously, they appeared in Joomla's core content display (before i installed FlexiContent)

4. I have definitely enabled "Trigger content plugin" in the "Description" field of my articles, and selected the relevant plugin from the list. Still no effect.

My website can be found here: www.questle.com

All I want is the tweetmeme button to appear on my content. Can someone please help? Thanks!

More
14 years 3 months ago #3723 by kenmcd

More
14 years 3 months ago #3728 by vistamedia
Hi,
This is a template issue. Edit the item.php file of your template and insert the social bookmarking code here.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 3 months ago #3733 by despair89
hMm, this is the script I got from tweetmeme.

<script type="text/javascript" src=" tweetmeme.com/i/scripts/button.js ">

Can you please enlighten me on which line/part of item.php I should paste this in so that it will work effectively?

I'm sorry but I'm a technical dumbo.

Thanks in advance!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline