Display number of comments in blog view

More
13 years 2 days ago #15361 by unleash.it
Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to display the comments link with number of comments (jcomments) in blog view. Normally it's there by default after installing jcomments with native articles, but I can find no settings to make it appear with Flexicontent. I checked around the forum and found a French post on the subject, but I couldn't understand the solution. Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 days ago #15362 by micker
can you post link to french solution ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 1 day ago #15364 by unleash.it
Hey Micker, it was you you answered.

flexicontent.org/forum/index.php ... pic#p15224

I tried Google translate. It came out like:

look how the link in the view section then create a custom field with the proper settings to link template then slides into view in your category template.

If it can be done and you can walk be through it, that would be awesome. Having the comment link on the blog page is important to this client, and I can see why (encourages commenting). Or if it can't be done with jcomments, is there another comment extension that works with Flexi (maybe Discuss)? I could resort to JomComment if need be but would rather not.

Thanks.

More
13 years 1 day ago #15367 by micker
in this post no solution .... sorry

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
13 years 1 day ago #15368 by unleash.it
Oh shucks, it sounded like you were saying it could be done somehow. Is there anyone who's managed to put the number of comments in blog view? I guess it could be done with an SQL query, may try to get it done that way if I can. Thanks.

More
13 years 1 day ago #15369 by micker
sorry i am not a dev ... i couldn't help you

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline