minigallery not showing in IE8

More
13 years 7 months ago #10699 by mrgaijin
Hello,

I can't think of what is stopping IE8 (64-bit) from showing the slideshow of the minigallery-field. In Firefox 3.6 and Chrome 6 there are no problems. I guess there are some compatibility issues with mootools.js and IE? :?:

Could someone help me out? Here is a link to it:
test.real-estate-selected.com/de ... tor-palais

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10708 by micker
hello
with firebug can you post the error script ?
thanks

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 7 months ago #10715 by mrgaijin
In Firefox there is no problem, also no errors on firebug. But I started the debugger of IE8 and here is the error in mootools:

line 31 - this.style[property]=value; (invalid argument)
line 21 - args=options.arguments||arguments

I don't undestand what should be wrong with it. If I ignore the error, the fading animation seems to be working til both pictures have opacity around 0.5 and then it stops for 1sec and the next picture appears. And so it goes on.

Any idea?

More
13 years 7 months ago #10734 by micker
i don't now but a mini-solution is to install a code to force to execute your site on IE7
add this in you head template
Code:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 7 months ago #10736 by mrgaijin
Thanks, but it´s a problem of both IE7 and IE8. I found the problem, IE does not accept negative numbers in some/any styles that are set, so I had to change the following line of slidwshow.js:

Line 81
Code:
this.bgSlider = new BackgroundSlider(this.thumbnailImages,{mouseOver: false, duration: this.options.duration, className: this.options.thumbnailCls, padding:{top:0,right:-2px,bottom:-2px,left:0}});

change to:
Code:
this.bgSlider = new BackgroundSlider(this.thumbnailImages,{mouseOver: false, duration: this.options.duration, className: this.options.thumbnailCls, padding:{top:0,right:0,bottom:0,left:0}});

But now there is a second problem! When IE initializes the first image fading in, there's a stutter, but the next animations are going smoothly. Any idea what function to change in the slideshow.js file?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline