['Uploads' folder is our secure folder] Direct link access of original images

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #68809 by AlainR
Hi.
I update today from 3.1.1 to the last version 3.2.0.1 and I have a FC module to display the last articles. The first article, as "featured" in module's options, show the original image, directly from /components/com_flexicontent/uploads folder.
Since the migration, this orginal image doesn't display. When I delete the .htaccess file in uploads' folder to patch this problem, the image displays.

Is it important to keep the .htaccess file? If yes, how to patch this problem?
Many thanks in advance for the help.
Best regards.

J! 3.7.4
FC 3.2.0.1
FC module is an overridr of FLEXIcontent - Universal Module

/components/com_flexicontent/uploads/.htaccess file :
Code:
# do not allow direct access and also deny scripts #<FilesMatch ".*"> # Order Allow,Deny # Deny from all #</FilesMatch> OPTIONS -Indexes -ExecCGI
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #68812 by ggppdk
Hello

'uploads' folders

has always been our folder for "secure" uploads
that are protected from direct access

i guess you had deleted .htaccess from it in the past in order to gain acces to original images

please note that module setting of linking to original image assumes that the folder is accessible
this is true for original images
- in folder mode (there is a setting that can be set if needed)
- intro / full images (joomla media folder)
- images via joomla media manager (joomla media folder)

original images in DB-mode that reside in 'secure' folder were never meant to be accessible directly
again i guess you deleted the .htaccess file in the past

i will suggest that you use a large dimension for "large" thumbnail and you use that instead ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by ggppdk.

More
6 years 8 months ago #68813 by ggppdk
Hello

please read my above answer

about deleting the .htaccess file
- this file is always re-installed on every update of the component
- if you have documents,etc (file field) that you want to protect from download then after you delete the .htacess file, your documents will not be protected from direct download

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
6 years 8 months ago #68818 by ggppdk
Hello

if you decide to delete the file,

then please remember to do it every time that you upgrade FLEXIcontent ...

Regards

More
6 years 8 months ago #68833 by AlainR
Hello.
Many thanks for complete answer.

ggppdk wrote: i guess you had deleted .htaccess from it in the past in order to gain acces to original images

I have opened several backup files and actually the mandated developer has deleted the .htaccess file. I had not thought of that.
And as you mentionned, we have to delete the .htacccess file every time that we upgrade FLEXIcontent...

ggppdk wrote: please note that module setting of linking to original image assumes that the folder is accessible
this is true for original images
- in folder mode (there is a setting that can be set if needed)
- intro / full images (joomla media folder)
- images via joomla media manager (joomla media folder)

Is it a problem to change from "mode DB" to "J! media manager" ? I'll try on the dev site...

ggppdk wrote: original images in DB-mode that reside in 'secure' folder were never meant to be accessible directly
again i guess you deleted the .htaccess file in the past

i will suggest that you use a large dimension for "large" thumbnail and you use that instead ?

Yes, I'll probably do that, but my user wants the best quality for the thumbnail and with old system, we had great loss of quality on the thumbnails.

Many thanks again!
Best regards.

More
6 years 8 months ago #68835 by ggppdk
Hello

in future maybe we will offer a button to convert to other "image source" mode
now you cannot change the image source mode, your images will not work

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.559 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline