Xmap URL: itemId is wrong?

More
9 years 11 months ago #46822 by Pheno
I am trying to migrate a j1.5 site to j3.x (I have been trying off and on for 2 years now!).

My current problem is that the URLs generated by Xmap with the Flexicontent plugin (v2.0.0-b) are not appending the necessary itemId.

For example, this is a URL on the j1.5 site:

&cid=179:turn-of-the-century&id=2243:carl-oswald-bulla&Itemid=149

This is the URL for the same item on the J3.2 site:

&cid=572:photographer115&id=2243:carl-oswald-bulla&Itemid=119

The category of the item is "Photographer" which is a child category of "Turn of the century".

"Turn of the century" is assigned to menu item 149. "Photographer" is not assigned to a menu item.

ItemId 119 is the flexicontent hidden menu item.

In both the J1.5 and j3.2 sites, the item is listed several times in the sitemap. In the j1.5 site, the item Id is different for every listing. In the j3.2 site, the itemId is always 119.

Would it be possible to change the Xmap flexicontent plugin to make it add the item ID? Ideally, it would find the item Id which corresponds to the nearest category in the heirarchy to the item's main category.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #46823 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Xmap URL: itemId is wrong?
Hello

let's discuss of this , the XMAP plugin is calling the FLEXIcontent SEF URL creation function, so no changes to the XMAP needed, if any there should be in the

FLEXIcontent SEF URL creation function:
FlexicontentHelperRoute::getItemRoute()

there were some bug with it, due to new features, further more there are parameter in component configuration and in content type that may effect the menu item selected

which FC version/revision do you have in J3.2 ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
9 years 11 months ago #46824 by Pheno
Replied by Pheno on topic Xmap URL: itemId is wrong?
I'm using 2.1.3 r1857

More
9 years 11 months ago #46826 by ggppdk

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
9 years 11 months ago #46836 by Pheno
Replied by Pheno on topic Xmap URL: itemId is wrong?
I'm getting the same thing with v2.2.0 : items which are in a category that does not have a menu item assigned are always given itemid 119 (hidden flexicontent menu).

The sitemap is here: www.rusartmarch.co.uk.gridhosted ... Itemid=264

Another strange thing is that the items are included multiple times, even though I have the "In main category only" setting in xmap set to "Always". For example "Carl Oswald Bulla" is in the sitemap 4 times. (If I set it to "Never" it gets included 14 times.)

More
9 years 11 months ago #46837 by ggppdk
Hello

1. about main category only, it works, it will not be included multiple times via secondary categories

but an item can appear multiple times, e.g. example of item appearing 4 times:

- once via a item view menu item
- once via its main category
- once via a multiple category menu item
- once via a tags menu item

can you identify a case that does not fit the above?
for example (problem): under main category CAT1 , the items of the are listed 4 times

2. about the menu item chosen, the current routing does not search for parent categories, i guess it makes sense to use them, will evaluate performance of this for next update,

-- we have an idea how to make menu item searching faster, then possibly the closest parent category found can be used ?

-- currently our routing function does not support this

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline