Help Me Unistall FlexiCONTENT

More
14 years 3 months ago #3270 by galleryrx
Can someone let me know how to uninstall FlexiCONTENT. I'm over my head and I'll wait until a proper guide and tutorial is produced. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3276 by unleash.it
Extentions --> Install/Uninstall

you'll see a row of blue links. Click Components. Choose the Flexicontent radio button. On the top right, click uninstall.

Click Plugins in the row of blue links. At the very bottom of the screen there are pagination settings. Choose "all" for the amount of items to display. Check all the flexicontent related plugins and then click uninstall in the top right. Note, uninstalling the component may remove some or all of the plugins. You'll know if you don't see them.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3279 by galleryrx
Thank you. Do you mean uninstalling my remove all my plugins or it may remove all the Flexicontent plugins. If it removes ALL of them (even the ones that come with Joomla or other extensions), is my website basically gone?

More
14 years 3 months ago #3280 by galleryrx
Thank you. I look forward to seeing a fully functioning FlexiCONTENT one day. I hear in February proper tutorials will be available as well as other resources. I'm crossing my fingers.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3424 by vivi
Replied by vivi on topic Help Me Unistall FlexiCONTENT

galleryrx wrote: Thank you. Do you mean uninstalling my remove all my plugins or it may remove all the Flexicontent plugins. If it removes ALL of them (even the ones that come with Joomla or other extensions), is my website basically gone?

Uninstall ...hmmmm, can be tricky . These are my learnings, hope they are of some help:

Uninstall component flexi content and related plugins as described by "unleash.it" . However when i did that and re constructed my complete menu systems, I still did not see my site in the front end because Was still getting this in the url:
/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=items&cid=1&id=1&Itemid=7
This need less to say was very frustrating.

However the trick is (That is if you are using the flexicontent recommended JComments)to go to the J Comments Module and -> module parameters-> scroll down to source and and change source = to com_content from source = com_flexicontent.

Easy peasy ...bobs your uncle you are back home I say :)

Cheers
vivi

PS: That does not mean I am un installing Flexicontent for ever :) )

More
14 years 2 months ago #3425 by vivi
Replied by vivi on topic Help Me Unistall FlexiCONTENT
Before I forget don't forget to uninstall the JCE Advanced Links plugin for FLEXIcontent from the JCE backend , thats if you are using JCE !

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline