Customizing frontend Category CORE field label

More
4 years 11 months ago #76383 by Mattioni
Dear all,

I'm trying to change the name of the Category field label within the Article default form. I saw inside the Article Type that it is possible to change the name of the CORE fields labels. For example, if I change the name of the Title label to Title2 I see the change from the frontend form correctly as in the attached picture. If instead I change the name of the Category label nothing happens on the frontend form. How can I change it?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #76469 by ggppdk
Hello

i am sorry but i missed approving your topic
User that have never posted, need to have their 1st topic approved

About your question
you have changed the name of "Categories" aka of "Secondary categories" field

Unfortunately no option for the field label name of "Category" (Primary category)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
4 years 11 months ago #76470 by ggppdk
Hello

there is a way to do it but it will effect the item form of all types,

that is by adding a Joomla language override for language string "FLEXI_PRIMARY_CATEGORY" for frontend english language

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline