images

More
5 years 11 months ago #73163 by mauriciocgpereira@gmail.com
Hello,
I found a little bit confusing the image field. I just want to simply upload a image to be used in category blog listing and in the item.
Yet I noticed that, for example, I must define the size of the image in the category properties to medium, large, original, ..., and if I define the intro size to medium, its that size that is used in the item page.
And, for instance, if I define original for the intro images in the category blog, it doesn't show any images, as seen in the following image:

This way I can't define the size of the image.

I would sincerely prefer to have a simple image uploader that would upload a file that was always used in category and in item pages. And the size would be adapted by the template.

Is there anyway to say that the image should be the original one, without defining the size (medium, large, ...) in the category?

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #73167 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic images
Code:
And, for instance, if I define original for the intro images in the category blog,

It is expected behaviour that originals will not be accessible via direct image links
- If you define using "original" then you must disable protection of original images in field configuration

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
The following user(s) said Thank You: mauriciocgpereira@gmail.com

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #73323 by mauriciocgpereira@gmail.com
Replied by mauriciocgpereira@gmail.com on topic images
I think I got it.
Yet probably it would be better to have a more straightforward process for uploading single images; the management of images appears to me a little bit complicated.
Thanks
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by mauriciocgpereira@gmail.com.

More
5 years 11 months ago #73326 by mauriciocgpereira@gmail.com
Replied by mauriciocgpereira@gmail.com on topic images
But there's another thing, where can I determine the image that is used in the item page?
Please go to: padmakara.brandful.pt/publicacoes . As you can see it uses some images.
Now click in one of the items and, as you can see, the images used are different.
Where can I determine that the item page should also use the original image?
Thanks

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline