[SOLVED] About using joomunited droptables

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #65112 by iamrobert
Hi Gauthier,

Please let me know if you find a solution.

I didn't find droptables that useful as I was looking for something that my clients could paste from word or excel and have a nice format rather than trying with JCE Editor - and be really simple.

Something like this:
www.tablesgenerator.com/html_tables
tableizer.journalistopia.com/
but for Joomla

However - droptables seems too complex for my clients needs - they don't need graphs or themes. All they need is a table in the design I built - and couldn't work out a way to set the default theme. So - I spent the afternoon overwriting it - and hiding the features.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by iamrobert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #65125 by gauthier
Hi Robert,

Our problem with droptables is more about the size of the table, as an entire table is stored in a single DB field, we can't make it very big.

Our solution won't be as easy as copy pasting from excel. We are asking developers to create a template that can display items as a table and we will import our items via csv import function. Each column will correspond to a custom field.

This is because we will soon have more than 1000 lines in our table, so the table itself is not as important as the possibility to search, sort and filter the table.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline