using Intro Images

More
8 years 5 months ago #57944 by zerotwothree
Hi

Do you have a tutorial how to use Intro Images on the compatibility tab? I would like to also link that image to the item. I have tried but perhaps I have a global or template setting incorrect.

If I insert an image before Read more code in an item and have flexicontent extract for main text it does use it and link it but displays it twice. See attached. I'm happy to use either method if I can get the joomla intro images to work or hide the second image . In the previous Flexicontent I used the second method and it did not show the second image so am a little confused how to do this in Flexicontent 3.

Thanks in advance
Chris
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #57952 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic using Intro Images
Hello

you can display intro / full images using the image gallery field,

about blog template, displaying the image twice is the parameter turned ON ?? :
- strip and cut description

it will remove images and other HTML

please check

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 5 months ago #57961 by zerotwothree
Replied by zerotwothree on topic using Intro Images
Thanks for your quick reply. Turning that parameter ON does remove the second image. That was how I manage that in Flexicontent 2.

Is it possible in Flexicontent 3 to use the intro image on the Compatibility tab by selecting an image under 'Intro Images (Joomla category/featured/etc views)'? I have selected an image for the 'Test Page' but it does not display. Is it possible to use that or should I continue to use the same method as in Test page 2?

Thanks

More
8 years 5 months ago #57991 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic using Intro Images
Hello

now for category view that uses blog template
- you need to use an image field that has "source" the intro full and strip the image from description via parameter

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.593 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline