Custom module template based on carousel

4 years 11 months ago #42874 by dmayak
There is a good FAQ page about that, http://www.flexicontent.org/component/flexicontent/69-templating-module-plugin-content/274-how-to-create-a-custom-template-for-flexicontent-module.html?Itemid=28 , but in the case of dublicating a carousel module it's seems not enough - the xml file with layout parameters, renamed as well, do not added to module. I do not sure if it's a bug or not, but I have done all instructions in the FAQ:
copied carousel template (php,xml and directory) and renamed them to articles_carousel in my case.
All is working fine, except that in module configuration it do not have a layout fieldset, maybe just naming the .xml same as module is not enough.
I can switch to usual carousel and save any configuration I need there, then swith back to custom module and save, and layout parameters stays.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #42875 by ggppdk
Hello

J2.5 module manager
will clear ANY extra parameters loaded via external XML file when saving module (=parameter validation),

so you cannot have a custom parameters file

mycarousel.xml

if you open carousel.xml and see a message at the top of it ... say the above

-- so we do not support duplicating carousel template because the J2.5 module manager clears these parameters

-- finally the only way to do it, is to also duplicate the carousel parameters inside mod_flexicontent.xml, thus hacking the mod_flexicontent.xml

Regards

-- FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star review. Thanks!

4 years 11 months ago #42876 by dmayak
That's not a problem actually, since I have not added any parameters, and temporary swithing to standard carousel allows saving most important layout settings, such as slide dimentions. Now I can delete all that useless .xml files :)

4 years 11 months ago #42881 by ggppdk
Hello

i will check if Nonumber advanced module manager will allow saving parameters that do not exist in mod_flexicontent.xml

(i mean parameters loaded via AJAX in browser from an external XML parameter file)

-- FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star review. Thanks!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
© 2018 Flexicontent. All Rights Reserved.