Custom module template based on carousel

More
10 years 4 months ago #42874 by dmayak
There is a good FAQ page about that, www.flexicontent.org/component/flexicont...odule.html?Itemid=28 , but in the case of dublicating a carousel module it's seems not enough - the xml file with layout parameters, renamed as well, do not added to module. I do not sure if it's a bug or not, but I have done all instructions in the FAQ:
copied carousel template (php,xml and directory) and renamed them to articles_carousel in my case.
All is working fine, except that in module configuration it do not have a layout fieldset, maybe just naming the .xml same as module is not enough.
I can switch to usual carousel and save any configuration I need there, then swith back to custom module and save, and layout parameters stays.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #42875 by ggppdk
Hello

J2.5 module manager
will clear ANY extra parameters loaded via external XML file when saving module (=parameter validation),

so you cannot have a custom parameters file

mycarousel.xml

if you open carousel.xml and see a message at the top of it ... say the above

-- so we do not support duplicating carousel template because the J2.5 module manager clears these parameters

-- finally the only way to do it, is to also duplicate the carousel parameters inside mod_flexicontent.xml, thus hacking the mod_flexicontent.xml

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 4 months ago #42876 by dmayak
That's not a problem actually, since I have not added any parameters, and temporary swithing to standard carousel allows saving most important layout settings, such as slide dimentions. Now I can delete all that useless .xml files :)

More
10 years 4 months ago #42881 by ggppdk
Hello

i will check if Nonumber advanced module manager will allow saving parameters that do not exist in mod_flexicontent.xml

(i mean parameters loaded via AJAX in browser from an external XML parameter file)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline