loadposition

More
11 years 4 months ago #31727 by joeygartin
loadposition was created by joeygartin
{loadposition MODULEPOSNAME} is not working for me. The plugin is enabled and I have copied and pasted the code to ensure I was spelling it correctly. I have tried it both from the Item editor, as well as I added the line:

echo '{loadposition MODULEPOSNAME}'; to the bottom of my item.php template. This works on another Joomla site I am not using Flexicontent on.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #31728 by joeygartin
Replied by joeygartin on topic loadposition
Did a little homework and read that there must be a menu item for the page that I am trying to embed the {loadposition} tag with. Sure enough it works on the Category (menu item) linked page, but not the article. I am not creating links to every article (they are actually listings). I do have the "on all pages" checked, but no menu item for EACH listing, so...

I am going to embed my module code directly into the bottom of the item.php template for this Category. Unless someone has a better idea?

Thanks!

More
11 years 4 months ago #31729 by micker
Replied by micker on topic loadposition
did you actived plugin for your field ?
did you try load module field for flexicontent ?
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
11 years 4 months ago #31733 by joeygartin
Replied by joeygartin on topic loadposition
The Joomla plugin is enabled and when I use loadposition in a menu item link (flexicontent category link) it works. When I embed it in a Flexicontent Item (either item.php OR in the editor), it does not work.

I read on Joomla Docs that it has to be in a Menu Item (direct link), but in another project I worked on I used it with JReviews and an article with no menu item and it worked. So not sure?

I am building a website for business listings with reviews. My plans are to make a New Item (business listing) and build a custom table for reviews, which I will query by an Fk directly in the module code (now a php include instead).

I am still learning FlexiContent (great component!), so if there is something I am missing I am all ears.

More
11 years 4 months ago #31734 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic loadposition
Hello,
at a time a made same mistake as you ;)

you see
content plugins are not system plugins if you place them in text in which content plugins are triggered then it will work , e.g. inside article text, if you placed this text inside a PHP file of com_content then it would not be replaced too

you can not expect a CONTENT plugin to replace text at places other than article text, e.g. by just placing it in item.php and expect it to be replaced
... like a system plugin would do ...
(these replace text globally at nay place of your page)

-- content plugins are trigger inside article content or by explicitly calling them at specific text e.g like plugin triggering is done (selectively) in FLEXIcontent fields

-- to manually trigger a content plugin at non-standard places read our FAQ article:

Triggering Contents Plugins to create a customized layout of your fields, to e.g. Sliders or Tabs/ render a google maps plugin /etc

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline