loadposition

5 years 9 months ago #31727 by joeygartin
loadposition was created by joeygartin
{loadposition MODULEPOSNAME} is not working for me. The plugin is enabled and I have copied and pasted the code to ensure I was spelling it correctly. I have tried it both from the Item editor, as well as I added the line:

echo '{loadposition MODULEPOSNAME}'; to the bottom of my item.php template. This works on another Joomla site I am not using Flexicontent on.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #31728 by joeygartin
Replied by joeygartin on topic loadposition
Did a little homework and read that there must be a menu item for the page that I am trying to embed the {loadposition} tag with. Sure enough it works on the Category (menu item) linked page, but not the article. I am not creating links to every article (they are actually listings). I do have the "on all pages" checked, but no menu item for EACH listing, so...

I am going to embed my module code directly into the bottom of the item.php template for this Category. Unless someone has a better idea?

Thanks!

5 years 9 months ago #31729 by micker
Replied by micker on topic loadposition
did you actived plugin for your field ?
did you try load module field for flexicontent ?
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

5 years 9 months ago #31733 by joeygartin
Replied by joeygartin on topic loadposition
The Joomla plugin is enabled and when I use loadposition in a menu item link (flexicontent category link) it works. When I embed it in a Flexicontent Item (either item.php OR in the editor), it does not work.

I read on Joomla Docs that it has to be in a Menu Item (direct link), but in another project I worked on I used it with JReviews and an article with no menu item and it worked. So not sure?

I am building a website for business listings with reviews. My plans are to make a New Item (business listing) and build a custom table for reviews, which I will query by an Fk directly in the module code (now a php include instead).

I am still learning FlexiContent (great component!), so if there is something I am missing I am all ears.

5 years 9 months ago #31734 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic loadposition
Hello,
at a time a made same mistake as you ;)

you see
content plugins are not system plugins if you place them in text in which content plugins are triggered then it will work , e.g. inside article text, if you placed this text inside a PHP file of com_content then it would not be replaced too

you can not expect a CONTENT plugin to replace text at places other than article text, e.g. by just placing it in item.php and expect it to be replaced
... like a system plugin would do ...
(these replace text globally at nay place of your page)

-- content plugins are trigger inside article content or by explicitly calling them at specific text e.g like plugin triggering is done (selectively) in FLEXIcontent fields

-- to manually trigger a content plugin at non-standard places read our FAQ article:

Triggering Contents Plugins to create a customized layout of your fields, to e.g. Sliders or Tabs/ render a google maps plugin /etc

Regards

-- FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star review. Thanks!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
© 2018 Flexicontent. All Rights Reserved.