error after migration to joomla 4 on admin home page

More
8 months 3 days ago #84297 by kath
hi there,

[problem]
I'm currently upgrading 50+ joomla 3 websites to joomla 4.
The websites are all very very very similar under the hood.
Everything works fine on almost all websites, but on one website I get this error after migration on adminstrator's home page:

[error]
An error has occurred.
    0 Joomla\Plugin\Quickicon\Joomlaupdate\Extension\Joomlaupdate::getCoreUpdateNotification(): Argument #1 ($event) must be of type Joomla\Module\Quickicon\Administrator\Event\QuickIconsEvent, Joomla\Event\Event given, called in C:\MAMP\htdocs\[...]\libraries\vendor\joomla\event\src\Dispatcher.php on line 486

[Call stack]
#     Function     Location
1     ()     JROOT\plugins\quickicon\joomlaupdate\src\Extension\Joomlaupdate.php:93
2     Joomla\Plugin\Quickicon\Joomlaupdate\Extension\Joomlaupdate->getCoreUpdateNotification()     JROOT\libraries\vendor\joomla\event\src\Dispatcher.php:486
3     Joomla\Event\Dispatcher->dispatch()     JROOT\libraries\src\Application\EventAware.php:111
4     Joomla\CMS\Application\WebApplication->triggerEvent()     JROOT\administrator\modules\mod_flexiadmin\helper.php:168
5     modFlexiadminHelper::getIconFromPlugins()     JROOT\administrator\modules\mod_flexiadmin\mod_flexiadmin.php:37
6     include()     JROOT\libraries\src\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher.php:52
7     Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}()     JROOT\libraries\src\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher.php:55
8     Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher->dispatch()     JROOT\libraries\src\Helper\ModuleHelper.php:281
9     Joomla\CMS\Helper\ModuleHelper::renderRawModule()     JROOT\libraries\src\Helper\ModuleHelper.php:161
10     Joomla\CMS\Helper\ModuleHelper::renderModule()     JROOT\administrator\components\com_cpanel\tmpl\cpanel\default.php:61
11     include()     JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\View\HtmlView.php:410
12     Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->loadTemplate()     JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\View\HtmlView.php:203
13     Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->display()     JROOT\administrator\components\com_cpanel\src\View\Cpanel\HtmlView.php:158
14     Joomla\Component\Cpanel\Administrator\View\Cpanel\HtmlView->display()     JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\Controller\BaseController.php:645
15     Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display()     JROOT\administrator\components\com_cpanel\src\Controller\DisplayController.php:56
16     Joomla\Component\Cpanel\Administrator\Controller\DisplayController->display()     JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\Controller\BaseController.php:678
17     Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()     JROOT\libraries\src\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher.php:143
18     Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch()     JROOT\libraries\src\Component\ComponentHelper.php:361
19     Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()     JROOT\libraries\src\Application\AdministratorApplication.php:143
20     Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch()     JROOT\libraries\src\Application\AdministratorApplication.php:186
21     Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute()     JROOT\libraries\src\Application\CMSApplication.php:293
22     Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()     JROOT\administrator\includes\app.php:61
23     require_once()     JROOT\administrator\index.php:32

[details]
I can switch the error on and off by disabling/enabling Flexicontent.
I can not switch the error on and off by disabling/enabling any other extension.

[what i already tried with no success]
I tried installing flexicontent-cck-4.1.5.zip before migration.
I tried installing flexicontent-cck-4.1.5.zip after migration, then updating using joomla updater.

[setup]
joomla 3.10.12 > 4.3.4
FC 4.2.1
php 8.1.12
local mamp server on windows 11

How can i fix this error? Thansk a lot! Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #84299 by micker
hello you need to update flexi admin module
github.com/micker/mod_flexiadmin/releases/tag/v2-6

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #84304 by kath
Great, that helped, thank you! :)

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #84306 by micker
with pleasure

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline