Content doesn't save due to error with 'required' image field

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #84256 by rgu_it_web
Hi there,

I've just encountered this issue on my site, tested in PHP 7.4, 8.0 and 8.1 and found the same behaviour on all versions. Anytime there is an image field which has 'required' set to 'Yes' the content will be unable to be saved due to some unknown error.

I get a blank error alert at the top of the page and the 'required' label appears next to the image field, even though there will be image content there - I've attached a screenshot showing both errors. If I set the field to be 'Required : No' then I can save the content but that's not really ideal as I need to maintain consistency across the content being put out.

Nothing shows when I hover over any of the error notices so there's no additional information to go on. I've also enabled debug + maximum error reporting and had no additional data given with regards to this error. 

Many thanks in advance,

Steph
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #84258 by micker
hello can you send me an access we clear explain ? (with confidencial tag)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #84259 by rgu_it_web
Unfortunately the environments where I'm building our upgraded site are available on our internal network only and via local docker development environments so I can't provide external access.

I've managed to replicate this behaviour on a clean install of Joomla 4 (tried both version 4.2.9 and 4.3.3) with Flexicontent version 4.2.1. This was on a completely clean install with no other plugins installed.

Steps To Replicate

Add a new field of 'Image & Gallery' type
Assign it to the 'Article' type
Set values to Required : Yes
Image Source : Joomla Media Manager. 

Create a new Article, selecting an image in the field, apply or save - blank error notice should appear preventing saving.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #84261 by micker
hello bug confirmed
github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck/issues/1136
but i can't have anytime for this month sorry

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #84262 by rgu_it_web
That's great thank you for confirming! For now I'll keep the field set to unrequired.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline