Flexicontent search / exclude type from search

More
5 years 4 months ago #75409 by bytekultur
I think I need help configuring the flexicontent search, it is immensly complex. I need to exclude all items of a certain type from the search results, the items must be public though, just not as Items, but as Content linked / loaded in other items (via related fields). So my idea was to use the type filter in the search plugin.

First there are 2 plugins, and I don't really understand how to use them.

- Basic flexisearch: here I can exclude types from search, but if only this is available, no search results are produced
- Advanced FlexiSearch: here I cannot exclude types from search, but results are produced

I tried reindexing, I tried by editing and re-saving articles... no difference.
Any hints?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #75410 by ggppdk
Hello

The basic search plugin is for "Joomla Search view"
The advanced search plugin is for "Flexicontent search view"

So the types you excluded in the basic search plugin , will have no effect in "Flexicontent search view"

The configuration that you need is in the menu item
- The Flexicontent search view menu item

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #75411 by bytekultur
This is embarrassing, I was looking through those options several times, as this is where I would have expected to find it, but you are right, there they are!
Thank you for pointing me there.
After playing with the settings for a while I now got my test article to show up in the search.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by ggppdk.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.383 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline