Save- and Cancel-Buttons in Frontend not working

More
9 years 5 months ago #51267 by dudlhofer
Hi,
I tried to allow frontend editing for specific users, but it seems that the functionality of the top buttons, (save, save and go back, save and preview, preview, and cancel) are simply not working at all. There is no way to finalize the editing other than navigating to another page with the menu options. But in any case, none of the modifications of the article contents are saved back to the database.
What could cause this behaviour?

I'm using FC 2.2.0 r1995 on J! 3.3.6.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #51269 by ggppdk
Hello

most likely you have a JS error in the page,

a common reason for JS error in frontend is jQuery/mootools loading

you could check for JS error and if jQuery is loaded once and properly

-- you should upgrade to v2.2.1 rc1 and then if you still have error try using jQueryEasy or similar plugin

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
9 years 4 months ago #51327 by basementclev2
I have got also a problem in the backend display when the original article contains an apostrophe : in the field containing the title of the original article the text after the apostrophe is lost.
the original site is l'ancienne gare. The text displayed is l'

What can I do to correct the synchronisation ?

thank you for help

More
9 years 4 months ago #51349 by ggppdk
Hello

we can help you, but first you need to upgrade to v2.2.1 RC1 (it is stable but you may have to reconfigure something with it)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline