Switching between translated pages doesn't work

More
9 years 7 months ago #49551 by nadav
I updated and did as you suggested.
Still have the same problem and error messages when switching languages (looks like debugging message).

Could you please look at them?

I have no problem moving related items under the same category if you say it should work. I did it that way since this is the way Joomla articles work. I just don't understand how the other menu item, using the same method works fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #49552 by ggppdk
Hello

you say:
"it looks like debuggin message"

it is !

Associated menu for 269: 280
Joomla language switched associated menu items that did not point to current content: Doing FLEXI switch

*** Language switching category no: 3

You can go to the plugin and disable the parameter:
"Switch categories"

just as i said above
so did you try to do this ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
9 years 7 months ago #49558 by nadav
Thanks!
It's switching between menu item correctly now.

I kept the debugging on just to check and getting the following message:
Associated menu for 269: 280
Joomla language switched associated menu items that did not point to current content: Doing FLEXI switch

Since I'm just starting to work on my website I wish to have a clean start and work the best possible way.

Please advise if I keep working as is or keep related items under the same category and translate each item?
Currently the menu items switching works fine but switching between items doesn't.

Thanks for all the help

More
9 years 7 months ago #49560 by Rooney
Hi,
I have the translated items in different categories because I need the translated category titles!
I have a page with about 500+ articles in 3 different languages and switching of menu items AND between articles works like a charm. Here is a FC category view, Just try switching:
www.muenstermann.com/en/overview ... -news.html
Here are my settings

Activate Falang support (for items) No
Edit Falang Translations No
Enable Items Associations(translation groups) Yes
Filter category views No
Filter tag views No

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
9 years 7 months ago #49561 by nadav
Thanks Rooney,
Tried your settings. I still experience the same problem.

I wouldn't the same problem.
How do you translate your articles? Do you set a new item and associate later? Do you set the item and later pressing the translate button?

I wouldn't mind giving access to my backend if it's ok with you.

Thanks

More
9 years 7 months ago #49563 by ggppdk
Hello

about association items:

1. if you press the translate button,
then e.g you can select 3 items of language "en-GB" (English) to be translated to "de-DE" (German)

what is done is this:
a. the items are simply copied (title, description,etc) and the language of these new items is set to "de-DE"
b. the new items are associated to the original

2. You can create 2 items, one of language "en-GB" (English) and one of language "de-DE" (German),
then you can edit the item of language "de-DE" and select to associate it with the item of language "en-GB"

since you want to place items in categories with same language, please disable:

Filter category views No
Filter tag views No

NOTE: associated items do not need, associated menu items for being switched, only associate category menu items

but you can have a few menu items for single content, switching should work in this case too (just do no disable "item switching" in advanced route plugin)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline