Categories SNAFU

More
10 years 6 months ago #41633 by inthenow
Categories SNAFU was created by inthenow
I'm having issues with categories. In particular with both the categories blog and categories list menu items. Before I installed FLEXIcontent I had several category blog items set up. They were working fine, still are. When I created a new category using FC I expected it to work fine as well but it's not displaying the images. I even copied one of the old menu items and edited it but that didn't work either. And when I look at the categories list item it doesn't list the new category. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #41635 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Categories SNAFU
Hello

you need to display categories via FLEXIcontent category view, e.g. create a FLEXIcontent category menu item and see the effect

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 6 months ago #41645 by inthenow
Replied by inthenow on topic Categories SNAFU
That solved it, thanks!

More
10 years 6 months ago #41651 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Categories SNAFU
Hello

to have easier configuration, please set the component parameters that effect the categories:

1. Configuration button / Content Lists TAB

2. Configuration button / Content Display / Category view

-- the above parameters found in 1 and 2 are also find inside category edit form,
... just prefer to leave these to value "Use global" (=use component parameter setting), and modify only parameters that you need (if you need to modify something)

-- if you modify some category parameters and you want to apply same configuration to other categories, then at FC categories manager, there is a button "Copy Configuration"

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline