Backend date field, field data displays incorrectly

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #38115 by torres86
I'm running version 2.0.2 J15 r1680, PHP 5.4.11, Joomla 1.5.26 (old version, I know).

In FC I have added a date field. It works perfectly fine. It displays the date on the front end correctly.

However, when I am in the back end of the site or making an edit to an item, the date (data) showing in the date field is off by 1 day. I've checked the entry in the database and it is correct as entered.

For whatever reason, when in "edit" mode on an item the date field shows a date that is wrong.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by torres86.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #38116 by ggppdk
Hello,
this is due to configuration, there are some parameters that configure editing of the field

what are settings of these, in particular , use "allow time" and "use editor's timezone" ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 9 months ago #38148 by torres86
Allow Time: No
Use Editor's Time Zone: Yes

I changed it to:
Allow Time: Yes
Use Editor's Time Zone: No

And it seamed to fix the issue.

Thanks for your help!
John

More
10 years 9 months ago #38149 by ggppdk
Hello,

It is confusing to use editor's timezone when "Allow time is OFF"

normally the "Allow Time" = OFF should prevent code from using editor's timezone, i ll check this

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #46559 by dario
Hello George, I wanted to tell you that on my installation (see below) the problem still exists.

For each date I shows the message:

Notice: Undefined variable: timezone in C: \ xampp \ htdocs \ cpnet322 \ plugins \ flexicontent_fields \ date \ date.php on line 243

The flags are set as:

Allow Time: No
Use Editor's Time Zone: No

Probably the patch has not been applied. Can you also check if you can? Many thanks.
Dario

My installation: Joomla! 3.2.3 + FC v2.1.3 r1857 for J2.5/J3.x

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #46563 by ggppdk
Hello

this is a notice that you can ignore,

we will clear it in upcoming version,

thanks for reporting it

-- it prints because you have error reporting on your joomla installation, you can suppress the notice now, edit plugin file:

find:
Code:
$append_str = ''; if ($date_allowtime) {

and above it add:
Code:
$timezone = false;

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.764 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline