[r1410] Override controller.php to add redirection on submit

More
11 years 9 months ago #27182 by pshoeg
Hi there,

Is it somehow possible to do a template override of com_flexicontent/controller.php?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #27187 by Rooney
What do you want to achieve?

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
11 years 9 months ago #27195 by ggppdk
This cannot be overridden, only hacked or extending FLEXIcontent to add a new feature that you have in mind

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 9 months ago #27223 by pshoeg
I'm using the item submission form, but instead of being sent to the referer page after saving, I'd like to send the user to a custom thank you page. I know I can hack controller.php, but then I'll have to do that on each FlexiContent update. Any ideas as to how this can be solved?

More
11 years 9 months ago #27228 by ggppdk
+ In r1410, added (Global & Content Type) Redirection URL parameter for defining URL after new content submission, this will work even if add/apply is clicked before closing the item

Also besides the parameter to add CSS rules to the edit/submit form, i have added a parameter specific for defining CSS of form container e.g. width:800px; to make it easier to avoid fitting problems ...

All new frontend item form parameters were duplicated into Content Type configuration, like the existing ones. So you can override/define these per Content Type too.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 9 months ago #27229 by pshoeg
I can't seem to find this anywhere. Is it available in FlexiContent 2 as well?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.910 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline