Flexicontent parses all templates , ....

More
11 years 10 months ago #26717 by victorcl
Hi.
I am building a site with joomla and flexicontent, but the loading time is around 16seconds+ , after debugging the code I found that the problem is with flexicontent , mainly with this code flexicontent_tmpl::getTemplates(); , that function that is defined in flexicontent.helper.php and what is doing is parsing all my templates that are under components/com_flexicontent/templates/
with this code
flexicontent.helper.php line 1761.
Code:
$templates = JFolder::folders($tmpldir); foreach ($templates as $tmpl) { ..........

the problem with this is that I have around 24 templates there so tha's why is taking 16seconds for the site to load, because is parsing them all each time !!.
My flexicontent version is 2.0 RC6 r1368 and joomla version Joomla! 2.5.6

Is there any solution for this , or any advice of how I should do things to improve this??

Thanks

VictorCL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #26718 by igcorreia
Is that in the front or backend?

More
11 years 10 months ago #26719 by victorcl
in both , frontend takes 16seconds to load on any page that is from flexicontent, and backend goes fine until I go to flexicontent then gets very slow to load aswell.

More
11 years 10 months ago #26720 by igcorreia
That is very strange, we usually have around 20 templates per site but only the category view when editing is slow.

More
11 years 10 months ago #26726 by ggppdk
This has been discussed before, in a few other threads.

The templates are supposed to be parsed once and then cached for all subsequent calls to the parsing function.

Have you disabled FLEXIcontent "Advanced Cache" in FLEXIcontent global configuration?

If so, please enabled it, flexicontent will automatically clear parts of the cache when needed

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.459 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline