AceSearch issues

More
11 years 10 months ago #26658 by pshoeg
AceSearch issues was created by pshoeg
Moderator note: split from unrelated thread

Hi there,

After last update (r1368), AceSearch stopped working. Has anything been changed that could cause this?

I can search, but the page with search results now doesn't show the menu, and when clicking the search results, the SEF URLs are /components/flexicontent/etc... instead of the real SEF URL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #26694 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic AceSearch issues
You are using the FLEXIcontent standard search plugin? right?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 10 months ago #26707 by pshoeg
Replied by pshoeg on topic AceSearch issues
No, I am using the AceSearch plugin with the FlexiContent extension. It worked until a couple of days ago. I need AceSearch because of the search algorithm.

More
11 years 10 months ago #26712 by kenmcd
Replied by kenmcd on topic AceSearch issues

pshoeg wrote: No, I am using the AceSearch plugin with the FlexiContent extension. It worked until a couple of days ago. I need AceSearch because of the search algorithm.

This thread is about FLEXIcontent search features/functions.

AceSearch is a separate 3rd-party component.
And it has its own plug-ins for other components such as FLEXIcontent.
You will need to ask them (JoomAce) about updating their plug-in.

EDIT: split from unrelated thread

More
11 years 10 months ago #26713 by pshoeg
Replied by pshoeg on topic AceSearch issues
Sorry about that — ggppdk wrote an update to the AceSearch FlexiContent extension some time ago ( flexicontent.org/forum/index.php ... =20#p21526 ), that's why I continued in that thread.

More
11 years 10 months ago #26734 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic AceSearch issues
If they are like "/components/flexicontent/ etc the are in SEF format, if they are in index.php?option=com_flexicontent etc then are not in SEF format

I think what you mean is that the links are not converted to become the link to menu items that you have, is that what you mean?

If so there has been some changes in the way of FLEXIcontent SEF URL routing that selects to point to menu items, but these were corrections e.g. not to select a menu item that is marked as 'registered' access level

Also note if the menu item "A" points to FLEXIcontent item no 452 through a category "B" then it will not much item links that point through some other category, this is also a recent change.

Can you provide more details ?
e.g. i have a menu item "A" that points to FLEXIcontent item no 452, but in the results search list the SEF URL does not point to menu item "A"

and a URL to your site with a search example, e.g. search for word 'chair'

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.517 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline