Warning: Creating default object from empty value

More
11 years 10 months ago #26448 by Siggi
Hello,
I installed the lastest version from Flexicontent for J2.5. So far everything seems to work quiet good. But tis warning appearce when I create a new category for example: Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/24/d410286759/htdocs/joomlatest/components/com_flexicontent/classes/flexicontent.fields.php on line 862
When I edit something the same warning appearce on the livesite too. What can i do?
I´m following the evolution of Flexicontent quiet a while but I´m still a newbee. Can you help me on this matter?
By the way: Three month ago you anounced the final version for J2.5 within some days. Is there any timeframe regarding this release?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #26451 by ggppdk
The build that you use is stable, except for a few bugs.

The warning that you report is very likely fixed in latest revisions, since this function has been cleaned up.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 10 months ago #26466 by Siggi
Thanks for you quick replay. Will there be another "nightly build" version published including the revisions you talked about before the final version?

Thanks a lot for your time and effort. I´m starting to get used to Flexicontent and the program and the idea behind it are simply amazing.

Best
Siggi

More
11 years 9 months ago #26961 by jdc18
Hi, I have the same warnings in my system, I just updated it to the latest release 1368

More
11 years 9 months ago #26962 by jdc18
Ok, so I took a look at the code and looked around the interwebs, it might be related to the fact that I am using php 5.4. But regardless to that I did a dump on the variables
Code:
}else if ( !isset($fdata[$tindex][$field->name]) ) { var_dump($fdata[$tindex]); $fdata[$tindex][$field->name]->parameters = new JParameter($field->attribs); }

$fdata[$tindex][$field->name] this is null, which makes sense if you have an isset if before that. Maybe extend the array before adding parameters should be the solution, right?

More
11 years 9 months ago #26963 by ggppdk
Actually maybe it is normal that $field->attribs is NULL and we should just suppress the notice with a @

In order to know if this is normal, i want to ask where this occurs ?
- in item OR category views (frontend)?
- in item edit form (frontend/backend)?
- other place?

Besides the above try printing the variable $field->name , to know to which field it is happening

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.879 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline