404 errors and category assignment

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #24342 by WarnerP
We seem to be having an issue with some newer created content (since around March 15th) that we are getting 404 errors when trying to access them from specific categories. I ruled out the urls. The permissions appear to be correct, however, I also noticed that I can't change the categories for any of these new items as well.
I'm using Flexicontent 1.5.6 RC4 r1235. Any ideas?

working
index.php?option=com_flexicontent&Itemid=68&cid=26&id=814&lang=en&view=items 1
index.php?option=com_flexicontent&Itemid=66&cid=11&id=814&lang=en&view=items
index.php?option=com_flexicontent&Itemid=98&cid=29&id=749&lang=en&view=items
index.php?option=com_flexicontent&Itemid=66&cid=11&id=749&lang=en&view=items
index.php?
option=com_flexicontent&Itemid=98&cid=29&id=822&lang=en&view=items

example of one not working
index.php?option=com_flexicontent&Itemid=66&cid=11&id=822&lang=en&view=items

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #24343 by WarnerP
I just confirmed that this is in fact an issue that was brought in by upgrading from flexicontent r1151 to 1235.
Used a test site from a few weeks ago on 1151. As soon as I installed 1235, I can't change categories and if I try to save the article, I get a 404 error. Articles I don't touch are still available.
"404 - Content is no longer available, (reason: all content's categories are unpublished)"

All the categories are published.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #24395 by ggppdk
fixed issue of not being able to assign multiple categories to the item in r1240

and the 404 issue in r1250,

but this bug occurs when item has at least one unpublished category and current category was not set, but my local copy has other fixes too, so i can not be sure it does not combine with some other fixes i made.

Since, i fixed several bugs, caused by new features, i will make a build today, despite wanting to test a little more.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline