v1.5.6_RC4_r1235 - 500 Error for authors

More
12 years 1 month ago #24161 by ejw
Hi,

I updated FLEXIcontent to r1235 in a Joomla 1.5.26 setting (from an older version, I think 1.5.4) and observed a strange behaviour dependent on user access levels.

Everything was fine for registered users, admin and superadmin, but authors could not see the items, instead receiving an unspecific HTTP 500 error, cross-platform (actually, the error is visible in Chrome, Safari for example shows just a blank page).

I reverted back to the last stable release 1.5.5 which solved the issue. Of course I cannot exclude some mix up with another extension but wanted to let you know in case it turns out to be an actual bug.

BW, Erik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #24196 by micker
... did you use flexiaccess ?
.. did you use SEF ?
can you give url to test it ? and more information of php versio .. etc

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #24486 by victorio404
I have the same problem - updated Joomla to 1.5.26 and Flexicontent 1.5.6 RC4 (r1235).
I get 500 server error when try to save opened or create a new category . Authors page in administration also give same error "HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error)"

PHP Version: 5.2.14
Using sh404sef, but the error is there even when Sh404sef is disabled. Using Juga for access control.

UPDATE:
Just noticed the strangest thing - the Authors page is opening correctly in Firefox but gives error in Chrome. Category creation/editing however doesn't work on both browsers. Doesn't make sense at all :o

UPDATE2:
cloned the site on different server and the Authors page is opening even in Chrome, but saving category gives folowing error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method FlexicontentModelCategories::access() in /home/*****/public_html/lt/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/controllers/categories.php on line 104

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline